The General & The Prince pt 3

Start from the beginning

You shower and change into a Midgardian outfit you got with Natasha and Wanda. Jean shorts and a loose fitting shirt that's comfortable on your back. You walk into the lounge to see Thor and other team members talking quietly. They stop when they see you. "Prince Thor have you seen Prince Loki? I should probably go back to my duties since I'm feeling better." "He should be in his room General." "Thank you my prince." You say with a bow and go back down the hall with your rooms. You knock on his door and you hear something crash to the floor. "My prince are you ok?" You ask rushing into the room ready to protect him. "I'm fine General just dropped my water glass." He groans as blood starts to trickle from his fingers to the floor. "You're injured my prince. Let me help you." He follows you into the bathroom so you can wash his cut. "It's not deep so you won't need stitches." You say as you start to bandage him up. "I could have done this myself." He grumbles as he fists his hand to get used to the dressing. "I'm your personal guard my prince it's about time I get back to my duties since I'm feeling better." He nods sand sits on the edge of his bed while you clean up the broken glass. "There is a party tonight be sure to wear that dress." "Yes my prince. Is there anything you need right now?" "No go get dressed then come here when finished."

You do as you're told. Your hair and make up are done and you are trying to put the dress on but it's turning out to be difficult. You peeked your head out of your room to see if any of the girls were near by to help you. The hall and what you could hear from the lounge was deserted. You sigh knowing the only one you could ask for help is Loki. You don't really want to look helpless in front of him. You thought it would give him some type if satisfaction, that the general would ask for help putting on a dress. Sure he helped you with your bandages but that was different to you. You didn't ask for the help he just did. You press the loose fabric to your body and walked out into the hallway. "My prince?" You called through the door as you lightly knocked. You wait a moment and he opens the door. "General? You're practically naked. Get in here before someone sees you." Loki says as he gently pulls you into the room. "Why don't you have the dress on?" "It seems like I need assistance. It's difficult to put it on with my injuries." You say softly looking down at the floor. "Oh I can help. Just turn around." He chuckles and you turn like requested. He gently laces the back of the dress up and smooths out the straps. "Would you like me to alter the back so it's not open?" "No, I think having a back on it will agitate my wounds." "Well then it looks like I have it correctly fastened back here how does it feel?" "Fits perfectly. Thank you my prince." You say with a bow. "Oh please (Y/N) don't do that. And I've told you to just call me Loki. After what you've done for me you don't need to be so formal." He says with a smile as he takes your hands in his. "You're absolutely beautiful. I wish I would have realized that before. So much wasted time." He sighs looking down at the ground. "Wasted time? What are you talking about?" "I was a fool (Y/N). All those years bickering and belittling your abilities. I want us to start over." "I don't know what you're trying to say Loki." "Ugh woman just listen. I want to be nicer too you. I want to show you my appreciation. I want you to see me as a friend not your superior." "Is this love prince Loki?" You giggle as you lift his chin up so you can look into his eyes. "Yes (Y/N) it is." He says calmly and it shocks you. "What?" You breathe stepping away from him. "I love you (Y/N). I'm guessing I've always have in my own twisted ways but I've fully come to the realization after you saved my life. I know this is very confusing, I'm still trying to figure it out myself. I understand if you don't feel the same way. You and Bucky seem pretty smitten with each other so I understand if you choose him. I just needed to get my feelings and plans out in the open." He sighs as he sits on the edge of the bed. You stand there speechless trying to process what you just heard. "Why do you think Bucky and I are smitten?" You ask breaking the silence. "You two just seem very friendly with each other. How you cuddled up to him when he was telling you about Midgardian history. How he wanted to see your abilities in the training room. How you said he could call you by your name. How you seem to giggle like a school girl at things he says. How you took him into your room when you said you needed to change. I'd say that's pretty smitten." He says as he lays down on the bed. You walk over to him standing between his legs. You cross your arms as he looks up at you. "Just because I'm nice to a guy that automatically means I'm smitten? I cuddled up to him because the couch was starting to get uncomfortable. He wanted to see my abilities because we share a preferred weapon, knives. I said he can call me by my name because it turns out he's a lot older me in Midgardian terms. I didn't think it fitting for an elder to address me by my rank. I'm also not a General to him since he's not in Midgard's military anymore let alone ours. I giggle at what he says because it's funny. And I look him to my room because I didn't want to be in the same room as you after what happened in the training room but now I understand why you were so worried." "So Bucky is just a friend?" Loki asks as he sits up and you nod. "That means I have a chance?" "You sir have to do some major wooing and make good of your plans then we will see." You giggle as you run your fingers through his hair. He rests his head on your stomach and hugs your hips tight. "Thank you (Y/N) I promise I'll make good of my plans. I really want you to stay with me as my guard and maybe something more. I hope someday you could love me back." "We just have to wait and see." You hum as he lets you go. "I should probably get ready for the party. You're the guest of honor by the way." He chuckles as he conjures his formal armor and cape on himself. "Me? Why?" "Because you're a hero (Y/N) if it wasn't for you many people would be dead including me. Now let's get you to that party." He offers his arm and leads you to a large ballroom in the compound.