t h i r t y - t h r e e

I locked myself in the bathroom and calmed myself down.

What is happening? Why? Why now?

All sorts of questions are running through my mind. When suddenly I hear a knock, waking me up from my train of thoughts.

I slowly open it, it's Charli.

"What's wrong?"

I open the door entirely and jump into her arms and bawl my eyes out.

________________

We went back inside the bathroom and I told Charli everything.

"Guessing from your face, you knew huh?"

"Yeah." She answered slowly.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I thought it would only be fair if he told you. And I didn't wanna ruin our friendship."

________________
Time skip to the morning after

Everyone was in the kitchen, including Anthony.

"Hey." He greets me. "Don't, please." I said avoiding eye contact with him and went straight to where Kio was sitting, next to Mads.

"Morning," Kio says as I sit down next to him, "Want some?" He says gesturing to the bowl of cereal in front of him.

"Nah, I'm good."

________________

The day went on with me ignoring Anthony and sticking next to Kio the entire time. I wanted to spend more time with him because I'll be leaving in the day after tomorrow but also because I know that Anthony won't say a word about last night with Kio around.

"What's wrong? You're being extra clingy today." Kio says as I cuddle up into his arms in one of the couches in the living room.

"You don't like it?" I pout at him resulting to him stealing a kiss from me.

"Nope, I love it." He wraps his arms around me tighter.

________________
Midnight

I was about to tuck into bed when my phone dinged.

It was Anthony.

________________

panthony 🐜

Please talk to me.

I'm sorry for telling you this now especially with Kio around.

Please let's talk.

Meet me in the kitchen in five
Promise I won't do anything stupid.

________________

I stayed still in bed for a couple of minutes, thinking whether I should go or not.

I mean, I'll be going back tomorrow and I really don't want to waste years of friendship over something that happened in the past, right?

After going back and forth, through all the pros and cons, I finally decided to go downstairs.