Insecure~ (Requested)

Katelyn's pov: 

I ran to my room as I heard my phone was ringing but I was too late. I sighed and grabbed my phone saw my best friend, Sumayyah called me. I was going to call her back but that is when she texted me that she was on her way over to watch Nickelodeon Kid's Choice Awards. I smiled and quickly went to change since I was wearing my Pj's. I was soon done with it and then I headed downstairs to grab some snacks for us. "Hey, mom, Sumayyah is on her way over here. We will be watching the KCA's together," I said and grabbed two bags of chips and two cans of Coke. "Okay," I heard my mom say as she was busy on the phone with someone. She passed a smiled and I did the same then headed to my room. 

I was getting the things ready when I heard my mom yell from downstairs. "Kat, Sumayyah is here," She said and I heard her close the door. "Okay, thanks mom," I said and saw my bedroom door open and found my best friend standing there with donuts in her hand. I smiled brightly and took the box from her hands and placed them down. "Hey, Wow you got everything ready. Is someone too desperate to see Jace win the award huh?" Sumayyah said and smirked while I hit her arm playfully and sat down on the bed. "I am not desperate. I know he will fun for sure," I said and grabbed the tv remote. "Yeah sure," She said and rolled her eyes. I was looking for the channel and as I found it a sequel escaped my mouth and I quickly covered it with my hands. "Yeah, no desperate huh?" Sumayyah said and smirked again making me turn pink. 

The show started and we started fangirling every time Jace would come on the screen, well I tried not to but I couldn't help it. All the actors and celebs were walking down the orange carpet. I saw Jace walking there with Riele on her side since they worked together. Riele looked stunning and looking at her by Jace's side made me feel like I am the ugliest person to ever exist. As I was thinking about how great Riele looked, Ella joined them, Looking absolutely gorgeous. "He will never like someone as ugly as me," I said to myself in my head and looked at Sumayyah who was busy watching the show. 

We both were screaming with joy as the whole cast of Henry Danger won the award and then Jace won the best actor award. As I saw them walk up to the stage to receive the award I felt a weird feeling building up inside me. I didn't take it to my head and kept on watching the show as Jace gave an amazing speech. I didn't notice that I was crying and I didn't even know why I was crying. "Kat? Why are you crying?" Sumayyah asked me with a worried face. "huh?" I said and wiped away my tears. "I don't know," I said and she faced me. "Come on tell me," She said and I let out a sigh. "He will never like me back," I said and saw her roll her eyes. "Oh come on, stop thinking that you are not good enough. You are so pretty and cute that if Jace saw you he would defiantly ask you out," She said. She always said that but I don't know why I never believed in it. "Have you not seen Riele and Ella and others? They looked so stunning," I said and looked down. "I have seen them and I am also looking at you right now. Why don't you see that you are perfect? Girls go to the gym to stay in shape but you don't have you. You are gifted. You do a small workout at home and that id enough for your stunning body to stay in shape. Every time you say anything bad about yourself like this it hurts me. I don't want you to underestimate your beauty. Please stop being so insecure," She said and hugged me. I smiled and hugged her back. 

I don't know what I did that I got her as my best friend. She is just the best. "I will try," I said and she nodded. "Thank you," She said and we continued watching the rest of the show. It will take time for me to believe in myself. "Gosh, I have to use the bathroom," Sumayyah said as the show ended. I laughed and started watching whatever was going on after the show. Sumayyah came back and sat down. We started talking about the moments from the show. 

"Have you decided what you are going to wear for your sweet sixteen?" She asked. "Eh, not interested in having a huge celebration to be honest," I said. "WHAT? why?" She asked and gave a shoulder shrug. "I don't know. Just don't wanna, mom and dad are excited but not me," I said and she rolled her eyes. "You are an idiot," She said and we both laughed.