9. Clara

Eating disorder

"What gave it away?"
I sat on Sophie's bed, the curtains drawn and a silencing spell cast for precautions.
"She's so thin, Sophie. She looks like she could be blown away." I said. I had admitted to Sophie that I knew Hades had an eating disorder, and it seemed that Sophie had been trying to help her get over it since the end of last year.
"I don't know how long she's supposed to have and I don't know how to help her." Sophie said, she hugged a pillow to her chest.
"We can't make her eat more, that would make it worse. How often does she eat?"
"She skips some meals entirely, sometimes she eats a little bit, sometimes she'll eat a small meal. Usually it doesn't make much of a difference."
"It seems like that little bit is all that's holding her up." I commented softly.
"Yeah."
We were both silent for a while. The other girls in the room had fallen asleep, but the fact that I couldn't help Hades ate away at me until I had to tell someone.
"I'm really scared, Clara." Sophie admitted suddenly. "Hades and I have been friends since we were little. She only got like this recently and she won't tell me what happened. Her brother doesn't know anything."
"Her brother?"
"Callum Everest. He's a fourth year Ravenclaw. They used to be close." Sophie told me.
"What do we know?" I asked.
"I know something happened during first year that made Hades feel like she needs to starve herself." Sophie said.
"Was she bullied?"
"I don't know." Sophie suddenly looked overcome with emotion at the realization that she didn't really know what was going on with her friend.
"We should go to sleep. Maybe we can talk to a Professor tomorrow. I really don't want to suffer in the morning." I said with a sigh. Sophie nodded and I went over to my bed. I drew the curtains shut and rolled onto my side. What was I supposed to do?

"Oh look, who's this?"
I looked around. I was standing in the middle of a forest. There was a forest by my house, that's where I was. I had snuck out of my house. I wasn't allowed to go anywhere, especially not on my own, but I didn't believe that Voldemort would actually get me. Why would there be Death Eaters in the middle of nowhere?
Of course, I was caught.
"I think it's the Potter's girl."
"They have a daughter?"
"Yes, they have a daughter. Wouldn't the Dark Lord like this?"
I backed away, but the first man, a blond haired man with a terrible hairline, grabbed me by the collar.
"I suppose he might. She would make a good test subject." The second man suggested. He had a sort of growl to his words, his canine teeth were more pointed than average. The first man turned and jabbed a single manicured finger at the other man's chest.
"You know how he feels about experimenting on children!"
The second man held up his hands in surrender. "Yes, of course." The first man started forward, passing me off to the second man who shoved a bit of cloth in my mouth so I couldn't call for help, despite being petrified in fear.
"Neither of them have to know, anyway." He growled, grinning madly. My eyes widened. The men apparated, with me in tow.
We arrived at a large house with a gate in the front. Albino peacocks strutted arrogantly across the lawn.
"The Dark Lord is still pawning off you, Lucius?" The man holding my arm chuckled, the blond man rolled his eyes. I slowly reached for my wand, hidden in a pocket sewn into my sweater in a very special way so that it would be completely unseen but accessible. With a jerk, the man holding me pulled my hands behind my back.
"Oh no, we can't have that." He hissed. I let out a squeak. The man tied something rough around my wrists so that I couldn't use them. The two men pulled up their left sleeves and exposed their flesh to the gate. The Dark Mark squirmed on their forearms and the gate opened before us. The blond man, Lucius, led us into the house.
Inside it was dark and a draft chilled my neck. I was led down a few flights of stairs to what looked to be some sort of dungeon.
"The Dark Lord will speak to you later." Lucius told me. Then he slammed the door, locking me inside.
"Well, isn't this cozy."
I turned, the other man was still in the room. He stepped forward and removed the gag. I opened my mouth to scream.
"I wouldn't do that."
"Why not?" I asked in a low voice.
"What they would do to you is much worse than what I will."
"What are you going to do?" I felt fear twist my stomach painfully. The man smirked at my obvious fear. He pointed his want right between my eyes.
"Evanesco."