Chapter Eighteen (Part 2)

The broken boy began to loose every last bit of hope that still remained. Time was fading quickly, and he feared that he wouldn't be able to find her.

In his mind she was already gone, and she would never even think to give him a second chance.

Every moment spent alone fighting for the love he could never have would have all been for nothing...

All because of one person's despicable actions, an innocent man had to fight for justice. He had to prove himself not guilty! Before it was too late...

As his head hung lower than ever before, he cautiously glanced up from his crippling state of emotional turmoil when the Sun's rays suddenly struck his eyes. He squinted for a moment before something vaguely familiar caught his attention.

The moment his despondent eyes caught a glimpse of a black and pink silhouette, his heart began to aggressively pound in his chest.

It was now or never. He shut his eyes for a split second, deeply exhaled and wiped the sweat away from his brow bone.

He anxiously waited for the deafening silence to pass before picking up some speed.

Every fiber in his body was screaming at him to walk away, but his mind was telling him to carry on. He was conflicted, but he knew deep in his heart that this was the right thing to do.

He wasn't planning on telling her like this, which was a little disappointing, but he knew that he had no other choice. He would rather die telling the truth than live a lie, at least that way he could be content knowing that he had at least tried.

As he got closer, his footprints became louder and louder, until nothing but silence consumed every inch of his trembling body.

He came to an immediate standstill when the deep shades of ocean blue met the faded hues of emerald green.

As the boy stood alone in the isolated passage, he looked into the teary eyes of the girl who was too far from his reach.

Her glance alone was enough to paralyze his every action. Marinette didn't even need to mutter a single word for the disheartened blond to know that she didn't believe him.

Her once bright blue eyes were now gray and they were unknown. He had never seen her look so hurt, so broken... His heart ached seeing her in such a state, yet he knew that he couldn't help her, because she blamed him!

A few seconds had gone by, yet neither of them said anything. Adrien didn't know what to do, but he knew that he had to do something, and fast!

The sweet baker girl took one final glance at the lost boy before turning her back on him. And ran.

There was no more time to waste. At the very instant she turned around, the model forced his feet into the solid ground and chased after her.

As he continued to run, he had to hold back the tears that were starting to fall from his eyes.

His heart shattered into a million pieces, yet he still continued to run. He had to catch her, because he needed her!

Just before he thought his luck was gone forever, he miraculously managed to reach for her arm. As his fingers meandered their way around her slender wrist, he quickly tightened his grip so that she wouldn't be able to get away.

As soon as she was trapped, she attempted to escape. But it was useless; he was way too strong.

Realizing that it hopeless, she relaxed ever so slightly, but she refused to look at him. Marinette's body was stiff, but her mind was racing with fear.