Bonus Chapter

Author Note: So this story is officially over... I might add an epilogue in the future, but for now you can enjoy this bonus chapter (or not). This scene takes place in the beginning of the book (after chapter 7), and is available in the version that's published on Ao3. (And sorry that it's so long).

***

Over the past couple of months, Marinette had learnt so much; not only school related, but about her friends as well.

Alya soon became the best friend she could have ever asked for. Her confidence and determination was something the bluenette really admired.

Every time Marinette openly admitted to not being able to accomplish a certain task due to her illogical belief that she wasn't adequate enough, Alya Céssaire would cheer her on, until even she started to believe that anything was possible.

Silently watching the focused reporter from behind her history textbook, the curious teenager began to think about how lucky her friend was. Alya had such a great boyfriend who was always there for his girlfriend.

A small part of her wished that she could also have what her friends had. She wanted that special someone who would be there for her during very difficult times. Who would willingly wipe away every tear she cried; to cheer her up whenever she felt like she wasn't good enough.

Marinette longed to find true love. What she thought she had with Nathaniel was nothing compared to her definition of what love really was. At first the relationship was wonderful, but after he changed indefinitely, she soon came to realize that she had made a terrible mistake.

Even thinking about it was painful. And she was ABSOLUTELY terrified of the possibility of history repeating itself. Initially Marinette had trusted Nathaniel with her life, yet that had unfortunately gotten her absolutely nowhere. In fact, it only made her realize how innocent and ignorant she was when it came to matters of the heart.

Although she wanted to find true love more than anything else in the whole world, she was still extremely cautious and didn't know if she was willing enough to trust anyone just yet.

It was true that she still had feelings for the mysterious, calm, sweet musician, but she was slowly starting to question her emotions. After some time of very intense introspection, the violinist came to realize that she was idolizing Luka. She was drawn to him because of his kindness and his exceptional, calm demeanor.

It was so frustrating for her, because she knew that it was just a crush and besides that, Luka was taken. But even then, it was still so hard for her to let go!

Perceiving her friend's sudden mental anguish, Alya frowned before gently tapping Marinette's arm, "Hey girl... You alright..?"

After coming back to reality, the blue-eyed girl violently nodded her head and gave the ombré-haired teenager a reassuring smile.

"Y... Yes... Why d... do you ask..?" Marinette quietly asked, making sure that neither of them would get into trouble with the condescending librarian.

She tried to sound confident, but the uncertainty was very evident in the way her eyes kept gazing all over the place.

Alya immediately raised an eyebrow, "You sure..? You seem out of it or something..."

Nervously laughing, Marinette gave her best friend a fake smile before nodding her head for the second time, hoping that she wouldn't be asked any more unnecessary questions.

"Yep! Everything is totally fine! I'm just tired from all these sleepless nights I've been having lately... These insomnia episodes have really started to take a toll on my well-being and all," the apprehensive teen continued to ramble, hoping that the subject would change.