Chapter 27 - Return

Start from the beginning

I smiled at her and laughed.

"You think I'm scared of a little blood, come on now, I haven't been out of hell that long."

As I said that I shook her hand and smiled.

Lena walked up to her and hugged her.

"Thanks Angie."

"It's nothing, really. I became a doctor for a reason."

Lena came up to me and grabbed my hand. Angela had walked over to her desk and sat down. She had taken her jacket, gloves and mask off.

"Goodbye Angie." Lena said.

"Goodbye Lena, goodbye (y/n)."

Me and Lena were about to walk out of the door but Angie stopped us.

"Oh, by the way, I think something's up with Jack. He's been, different lately, and not in a good way."

Lena suddenly remembered what I told her earlier. She grabbed my hand tighter and came closer to me.

"(Y/n)." I looked down to see her looking quite scared. "What's going to happen?"

"What do you mean? Lena?" Angela said. I looked at Angela.

"There is still more to this invasion. The Khan Maykr isn't finished yet."

"What?" Angela said looking surprised. "But, you killed the priests how can it continue?"

"I want to explain, but it'll just make you worry too much. I mean, I don't even know if I should tell Lena, but I have to because she won't be able to cope if I don't."

"I understand. Whatever you do out there (y/n), remember to stay safe."

"I will alright."

Me and Lena walked out of the med bay and started heading back to our room. Lena didn't seem like she wanted to talk to anyone, since a lot of people agreed with Jack on going back to gear up. We did walk past Genji however, who was one of the 3 others who didn't want to leave.

"Hello (y/n), hello Lena. You guys are back already? What happened?"

"Well, soon after Jack left, (y/n) woke up and started to make is way out from underneath all of the rubble. I tried to help him get out, and eventually, he made it to the surface. The only reason why he couldn't get out while the rest were there was because he was unconscious from a metal spike in his chest."

"Oh my. Are you ok now?"

"Yeah I'm fine now." I said. "Angela has just removed it from me."

"Oh ok. How long have you been back?"

"Oh not too long." Lena said.

"Probably less than an hour." I added.

"Well then, at least you're both safe now. You need to relax now, (y/n). You and Lena, kick your feet back and enjoy yourselves."

"I can't." I said.

"Yes you can. There's no longer a demonic threat so let overwatch deal with the safety and just stay home and relax."

"There's no demonic threat at the moment, but if I don't do this right, there will be a demonic threat that would make that one look like a walk in the park."

Genji physically recoiled from that statement.

"What do you mean? There are no more hell priests, the Khan Maykr's hands are tied."

"For the most part, but she still has one trick up her sleeve."

"What's that?" Genji asked.

"I believe that she wants to resurrect the icon of sin, a titan like no other, a world ender. It's mere presence will destroy the universe. I need to find out the truth about it, else if it's too late, our dimension has no hope."