Romeo + Juliet (Project)

Jalen's POV
Mr Smiley is giving the classmates an assignment in Shakespeare class on whichever Shakespeare project he gives us.
Mr Smiley: Alright classmates! I know you're done for the winter break and everything, that's fine, but what you not finna do is sit on ya asses all school week without goddamn project! So, what I'm finna do is put y'all in partners.
I was sweating nervous that I didn't know what to do if he put me with Letty. Yes, I like her, but making her my partner, I'd be running out of words before I could get a word out.
Mr Smiley goes on to put everyone in partners with their classmates leaving Letty & Jalen the only ones left.
Mr Smiley: Letty, you are partners with Jaden! I don't give a damn if you gotta move to different seats just get close with your partners, you just better get this project done before spring break!
Letty got up to sit next to me, I'm still nervous as hell, I don't know what the hell else to do but just stand right where I was.
Letty: Hey, I was wondering if I could sit next to you.
I was lost for words of what to say to her.
Letty: Um but if you don't want to, that's fine with me, we can sit where I'm sitting.
Jalen: Nah, it's fine, you can sit where I'm sitting. I mean next to me, that's what I meant, I be stumbling a lot, you can sit next to me.
Letty smiled as she say next to me.

Letty: Why do you look so nervous?Jalen: Nervous? Pssh, I ain't nervous, only I'm at 98% of anxiety

Jalen: Nervous? Pssh, I ain't nervous, only I'm at 98% of anxiety. I'm just nervous about bringing your grade down.
Letty: Maybe I can be your grade up. Do you wanna work at my house or yours?
My house, candlelight slow jams, 9:00 pm.
Jalen: My house, after school, we can um walk....to my house....if you want to.
Letty: Like together?
Jalen: Define together.
Letty: Like the two of us going to your house, doing you know what.
Jalen: Um...yeah sure, I don't mind. Just not today.
Letty: Why not?
Jalen: Because I gotta work.
Letty: Oh...well I'll meet you outside the campus after school tomorrow, we can walk together.
Jalen: No doubt.
After class, Jalen is walking down the hallway, all of a sudden Flash showed up.
Flash: You think you can just hit on Letty & get away with it?
Jalen: What'chu talking about? It's just a project.
Flash: Project huh? Project this!
Flash punches Jalen in the stomach,  Oscar & Ant tried to help him out.
Flash: You can't do that to my friend!
Flash: What?!
Oscar: I mean my other friend, I wasn't talking to you.
Ant: But they didn't touch me.
Oscar: Play along or it's your ass.
Letty noticed and saved the day.
Letty: Flash! Back off! We're not together anymore!
Flash: So you get with this losing nobody over me?! You know you can do better.
Letty: You're Right. I can date someone with some sensitivity than someone who's a total jackass that he rather hold his reputation than be a man. Get through your thick head. We. Are. Through.

Flash bit his tongue

Flash: Whatever, I'll see you later fuckface.
Oscar: I have no idea how she resist his hotness.
Ant: Neither do I, but she a real one for doing that.
Letty: Are you ok?
Jalen: Yeah I'm good. A blow to the knick knack patty wack, ain't no thing.
Letty: You sure?
Jalen: I'm fine.
Letty: Ok, well I better get going, I'm gonna be late.
Jalen: Wait! Um, I ain't tryna get with you, but since you're single, you think maybe I can get your phone number?
Letty: Sure you can. If I can have yours.
Jalen: Oh yeah, no problem.
They both exchanged numbers.
Letty: I'll call you when I get a chance.
Jalen: Not if I call you first.
Letty walks away, looks back and smiles at him.
Oscar: Uh yeah, Flash kinda elbowed me in the chest a lil bit, could you check me out to see if it's feeling better?
Ant: Like anybody wanna see your damn birthmark.
Oscar: That's private property of my flexed up body! Don't you dare mention my birthmark!

Comment/Vote/Peace