Chapter 10- Runaway Witch

Start from the beginning

"That sucks," Josh inputs, and I grin.

"So she tells me. At least she has more than 5 emotions though," I joke, making Davina laugh and the other two look at me confused. "Anyway, she is more than willing to distract Elijah and he's already lost her twice, he isn't willing to risk it a third time. With only Marcel and Klaus looking, it'll be easier."

"What about all Marcel's men?" Josh questions and I smirk again.

"They aren't too keen on helping. They don't trust Klaus because he's super shady and Marcel betrayed them all by imprisoning Thierry even though I told him it was a trap. They'd be more likely to listen to me but Marcel won't ask and Klaus is upset that I used him for sex and then undermined his newfound power. Not to mention the casket girls festival gives us the perfect cover.

"We get D a pretty white dress with a veil, I get some passports and a couple plane tickets and Cami gets her to safety until nightfall and the two of you ride off into the sunset. I'll give her the daylight ring spell and I need to find the ring so I'll meet you at the airport and you'll just have to watch out for her." Everyone nods at my plan. "Great, I'm going to find that ring and cause trouble with Klaus. He's smart, he'll find her but if I can take his attention, I might be able to prevent it."

With that, I leave the apartment and head to the compound. I stop outside, gathering my anger to make it seem real and it's shockingly not that hard as I storm into the compound going right up to Klaus and punching him in the face successfully making his head turn to the side so hard I'm almost surprised it doesn't snap. "What the bloody hell was that for, sweetheart?"

I sneer at him. "What part of 'stay away from Cami' was so hard to understand. You know that she's Sean's sister but you just couldn't resist, you had to compel her to play your little therapist. You know that you could actually hire one of those instead of compelling someone to write your 'memoirs' or whatever the hell you told her. Stay away from Cami. You're compulsion's gone, by the way, I removed it so she knows to stay the hell away from you."

"Jessica, I didn't mean to upset you--"

"We have bigger problems, Jess," Marcel cuts him off and I turn my anger on him.

"Oh look at that, the prodigal son returns to the folds. All the betrayals he's committed, I'm surprised you can trust a single word that comes out of his mouth with the acute paranoia you're plagued with," I spit at both of them and watch my words hit their mark.

"Davina is missing," Marcel tries and I laugh mirthlessly.

"Great, I'm sure that's your fault somehow as well. Tell me, Marcel, what have you done that might make her flee because it has to be something that involves me otherwise she would've come right to me?"

He looks down guiltily as he answers. "I didn't tell her that you killed Agnes."

I gasp. "God Marcel, I can understand the betrayals of me and Rebekah, hell maybe even Thierry, but Davina is a child. Her mother turned her back on her. The only people she has are the two of us and now she's wandering around this city, by herself, unsure of who to trust. What if a witch finds her and convinces her that they want to help and then keep her locked up until the can create a new elder to finish their harvest? Your actions have consequences and that sweet girl is going to pay them," I snarl, not realizing how closely Klaus was studying me until he spoke.

"You're right, of course. That could be a real possibility and the Jessica I know would save the people she cares about and scold later, unless of course, you were already assured of the young witch's safety," he eludes and I say nothing but we both know that he's caught me. "Well, love, as much as I love you, and I do truly love you, I cannot allow a weapon that powerful to be under someone else's control." I can hear the underlying threat that if he can't control her, he'll kill her but I see his eyes find my neck before looking into my eyes.