A Horrible Place To Be

A/n
I found this in my english book and I can't remember if I stole this from somewhere or not but here it is, sorry if I did.

I've been locked in this room for a few days now. I've already tried running my hand along the wall to fund an exit, but have come up with nothing. I have noted on the wall is soft moss like the fur of a dog.  Along the floor are broken pieces of glass  and dirt. Every time I take a breath I smell old, musty air and taste stale water. There's a constant dripping in the corner that lulls me to sleep at what I assume is night. The skittering rats are more scared of me than I am of them, so they avoid me.

I don't know how I got there but I had to get out. I start climbing the chains hanging from the ceiling, covered in dried up blood. I swing myself close to a window and try pushing it open. Then I hear footsteps coming towards the door. I quickly scramble to the ledge of the window and start climbing through. I got my whole body through when I catch a glimpse of my captor's face but I was already falling through the air.

I plummet into the frigid depths of some form of water. I kick struggling against the cold, grabbing at what I now realize is a river. I break the surface coming back into the chilly air and take a sharp breath. I try to find the shore but it's too dark out. It's taking all I have to keep afloat, then a sudden current takes me under but i resurface once again. After paddling for some time I finally spot land.

I get out of the water and lay down on the shore. I hear voices and I attempt to hide in the bushes nearby but I'm too tired. Next thing I know I'm out, unable to keep my eyes open. I'd probably regret this but I need to rest.

"She's over here!", an unfamiliar voice calls. I try to sit up and run but I end up falling backwards. I cry as I see the face from earlier and realize that it's over for me. Then I'm in his arms and thrown into a trunk, and I come to fully accept that I'll probably never get out of this horrible place.