A Short Story

A/N Found this in an old book today

It was a dark and stormy night and Zandra was stuck in the middle of nowhere being pelted by rain. Cold and dirty she leaned against a tree and cried until she couldn't even tell what was her tears from what was rain.

After sitting there for about an hour thinking about her poor life decisions and how she got there, she felt a very strong presence settle behind her. At first she thought that it was just her imagination but then she felt an overbearing heat wrap itself around her entire body heating her to the core and she knew something had to be wrong.

She swiftly tried to get up but an overwhelming force held her down. She went into a panic seeing as she was now paralyzed. Then she remembered what her therapist told her to do whenever she got panic attacks; so she started counting to ten in her head and trying to take deep breaths. When she finally calmed down all that was felt was a hot breath on her neck as a grimy voice whispered, "Yes, that's right relax." Her heart beat quickened and she felt as if it would pop right out of her chest.

Once again she becomes paralyzed but with fear. At that very moment she saw a cars headlights and she started screaming but she was quickly silenced by a rough, scaly hand tightening around her throat squeezing the life out of her. She saw her life slowly slipping away and everything around her fading into nothingness but then she saw a light and heard someone calling her name as the ground began shaking beneath her.

"Wake up!!" and Zandra jumps up to find herself in her bed drenched in sweat and her mother staring at her with wide eyes.