Flying Lessons

(Y/N) POV

After potions, we went to the dining hall for lunch. I was speaking to Ron who seemed very excited about the next lesson. How to fly on a broom. Hermione however, wasn't feeling too confident, guess she has a fear of heights. I then turned to Seamus, who was attempting to turn his water into rum. He kept on repeating "Eye of rabbit, harp string hum. Turn this water, into rum." Harry quizzically asked what Seamus was doing to his goblet of water and Ron replied that "Turn it into rum. Actually managed a weak tea yesterday, bef..." Ron was interrupted by a loud bang as Seamus's face was covered in soot and went red in embarrassment. Suddenly their attention was drawn to a flock of owls that soared above them with deliveries. Neville unwraps is gift to reveal a small glass ball with a gold banner. Seamus exclaims that "Hey, look! Neville's got a Remembrall!". "I've heard of those". Said Hermione. "When the smoke turns red, it means you've forgotten something. ". Suddenly the smoke turned red, with Neville looking more confused. "The only problem is, I can't remember what I've forgotten." Neville said as the others giggled at his response. Our attention was once more broken as Harry quietly exclaimed "Hey, guys, somebody broke into Gringotts, listen. Believed to be the work of dark witches or wizards unknown, Gringotts goblins, while acknowledging the breach, insist that nothing was taken. The vault in question, number 713, had in fact been emptied earlier that same day. That's odd. That's the vault Hagrid and I went to. ". "Trust me Harry, it must've been dark magic because Gringotts is the most secure bank in the wizarding world" I remarked.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was a sunny afternoon and we found ourselves outside eager for our lesson on flying. A teacher with short silver hair, yellow eyes, and dressed in dark blue robes was Madam Hooch and she separated us into lines with a broom in front of us, on the ground. "Good afternoon class!" she bellowed. "Good afternoon, Madam Hooch" we responded enthusiastically, eager to learn. "Welcome to your first flying lesson." She said. "Well, what are you waiting for? Everyone step up to the left side of their broomstick. Come on now, hurry up. Stick your right hand over the broom and say, up!". I was a bit confused at first as I watched others have a go. Harry and Draco accomplish the task on their first go, the class looks at them with amazement. Hermione was struggling, I smirked. "Looks like you can't learn everything from a book, eh?". She pouted and turned her back on me as a response as I snickered to myself. My attention was soon drawn to Ron who said "Up!" but was a bit slow to catch the broom and as a result was smacked in the face. The whole class laughed in response as Ron turned red in embarrassment. On my third or fourth attempt I successfully caught the broom, I smiled at Hermione, she was still pouting, it was kind of cute to be honest. Madam Hooch spoke up "Now, once you've got hold of your broom, I want you to mount it. And grip it tight, you don't want to be sliding off the end. The whole class mounted our brooms. Hermione almost fell off and let a little "eep." as Madam Hooch continued her explanation. "When I blow my whistle, I want each of you to kick off from the ground, hard. Keep your broom steady, hover for a moment, and then lean forward slightly and touch back down. On my whistle...3...2..." Suddenly, my attention was drawn to Hermione, who lifted off the ground and flew in the air, he looked very frightened as he began soaring uncontrollably. "M-M-Ms. Granger! Ms. Granger!" Madam Hooch screamed. Hermione squeaked, " AHHHHH, Ahhhhh, get me DOWN! HELP!" Madam Hooch continued to bark orders at Hermione, "Come back down this instant!" "I can't Madam H-H-Hooch. H-HELP!" Hermione replied with tears. She flew up and her cloak caught on the statue, she was literary hanging by a thread. I had enough, I gripped my broom and kicked off the ground with speed. Then she fell. I positioned myself under her, my arms open ready to catch her. Thud. My chest was crushed as her brown bushy hair blocked my vision. I slowly drifted to the ground with Hermione holding me tight around my neck, not letting go one bit. As my foot touched the floor, I gently helped Hermione get off the broom. She hugged me and whispered a "thanks" in my ear before my attention was grabbed by Madam Hooch. "Mr (L/N)!!! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING!!! Never in my teaching career have I seen such recklessness. Then again it was your bravery that saved Ms. Granger from any potential injuries. I can see why you were put in Gryffindor, take 20 points. That being said I would like both of you and Ms. Granger to report to Madam Pomfrey immediately, is this understood?" Madam Hooch queried. Both of us nodded in compliance as we silently made our way to the Hospital Wing.

AN
Hey all, sorry for the delay. I've had very little time to work on a new chapter. Hope you enjoy it!

-Sam F