BD2: VII. Courage

Start from the beginning

Garrett steps up "This won't be the first time I fought a king's rule"

"We'll join you" Benjamin says standing up as well. Amun's head snaps at him "No"

Benjamin turns to his father, "I will do the right thing, Amun. You may do as you please" he said sternly

Bella stood up next, Olivia and Carlisle followed in suit, so did from the Amazon coven

"We will stand with you" Senna said

"So will we" the Irish coven stood

And other vampires start to step forward and have swore their alliance with the Cullen's and for the cause. A spread of hope and courage was all around them.

"That didn't take much" Vladimir muttered to Stefan

Edward nods at everyone in thanks "Let's hope it doesn't come to that"

Alistair leaned forward to whisper to Carlisle "We'll see" and leaves the room with a scoff as a sign for his answer.

Everyone had showed courage. Though they knew that Aro's army was moving against them and they'll face the dark gifts of Jane. And worse, the paralyzing vapor of her brother Alec, who could rob you of sight, sound and touch.

But the ones who know better, Edward had faith in his heart, deep down he knew how much Olivia is looking forward to get rid of them if she has the chance to.

To him, after witnessing the fight she pulled off in Volterra against Jane, Alec and Demetri. And the berserk fight with James, she was like a one woman army.

Too bad he was the only one to see it all. That's why some of them had hidden doubts in getting through it alive.

_________❇❇❇❇❇_________

After the 'encouraging' meeting, Olivia went upstairs to check on Edwin since Bella had already ushered Renesmee down then they went out along with Edward to their own home out in the forest.

Olivia walked up to Edwin's room only to find a clean, dark room with no sign of him. Creasing her brows, she continued to walk around the halls.

When she glanced at one room, Olivia paused in her steps and turns to where Carlisle's office is located, inside on a solo couch, there laid a sleeping Edwin, an open book resting on his stomach.

'Must've fallen asleep while reading' Olivia thoughts to herself.

Before she would enter in, an arm was around her shoulder. Olivia turns to Carlisle who only smiles at her lovingly

"You go and rest, I'll handle this" he said

Olivia nods "Okay" Carlisle leans in giving her a short kiss before going to Edwin's sleeping form. She continued to watch from the doorway as Carlisle gently shakes his son's shoulders waking him up successfully.

Edwin yawns first, rubbing his sleepy eyes. "hey.....dad" he said between his yawning

Carlisle rubs his hair gently "Time for you to go to bed, Edwin"

The blonde hybrid nods, Carlisle stands up first taking the book and places it back on the shelf. Helping Edwin stand steadily on the floor then guiding him away to his room. Passing on the doorway, Olivia halted his son for a moment, placing a kiss on his forehead.

Edwin smiled back at his mom

Edwin smiled back at his mom. To them, sometimes words were not needed but actions do. Olivia pats his back indicating that he can go on. So Edwin walks out to the halls with Carlisle trailing behind him, making sure that he gets to bed.

As she watches them, Olivia could only wish that her parents were still alive, they would've loved Edwin as their grandchild and accept Carlisle happily as her husband. If only....