Chapter 8: Roommates

Começar do início

I sketched (y/n) in her crop shirt and jean shorts, sitting on a rooftop, her right leg over her left, dangling off the edge. She was staring off into the distance as the wind blew her braided hair onto her shoulder, and she used her (m/h) to brush some behind her ear. In the background, I drew the Eiffel Tower, some rooftops, and a blue night sky. The light from the roofs lit (y/n)'s face perfectly. As soon as I was done, I gasped. (y/n) looked dazzling in that drawing, it's as if she was really there. Since when did I draw so well? I heard the bathroom door unlock, and hid the drawing into the drawer right below my desk. The door opens, and out walks... (y/n).

She looks even prettier with her hair down, flowing down her back. She wore a white shirt and grey track pants, which were the ones I found in my closet, so I assume she took it from hers. She turns to me and smiles. "Hey Nathaniel! So you're my roommate?" She chirps in that same heavenly voice. Something in her eyes told me she knew about us being roommates or something, but that was gone in the next second. Maybe I'm overthinking. I mean, why would she know we would be roommates? "H-hey (y/n). Yeah, i g-guess we are r-roommates now." I stutter as usual.

----------

~(y/n)'s POV~

I smile, and walk off to keep my towel, and climb up the ladder to my bed. I fall face first into my bed, enjoying the softness of it. Realising I had homework to complete, I climbed back down the ladder and caught sight of Nath sketching something. I silently move behind him to see what it was, and couldn't stop my blush when I saw what he was sketching. It was me on a roof, looking ahead (yes, the photo from before). The way the light hits me was soft and perfect. I didn't know Nath could sketch so well. I try my best to stifle a laughter, but it escapes me either way. Nath spins around almost instantly, and I take a step back, looking at his priceless face, before giving up and bursting into laughter. "W-what's so funny?" He asks. I realised how rude I must've been, and explain myself. "No no, I just found it cute that you were drawing me, I didn't mean to offend you or anything!" I say, wiping my eyes. Nath smiles lightly and turns back to sketching. I grew bored and went to bed early. That night, a nightmare decided to pay me a visit.

There was a girl with blonde hair up to her hips, her eyes bright blue. "Why, sister? Why?" The girl, which I figured was Rue, asked, back-facing me. We were in a black world or something, and she was wearing a white nightgown, her hair flowing behind her. "R-Rue..?" I stutter, glad to see my sister, slowly making my way to her. "Don't come nearer! Why!" Rue screamed. "What..?" I stop on the spot, lowering the hand I had held out to her. "WHY?! WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE ME?! YOU WERE THERE! YOU COULD'VE SAVED ME!! AND YOU DIDN'T! WHY, (y/n), WHY?!" Rue screamed at her loudest. I was taken by surprise, and stepped away from her slowly. "R-Rue... I-I..." I mutter to myself. "You don't remember what happened that night, don't you? Well, LET ME SHOW YOU WHAT HAPPENED! I SHALL SHOW YOU HOW YOU ABANDONED ME THAT NIGHT TO ESCAPE!" She screamed, raising her hands over her head, her eyes turning bloodshot red. The blackness slowly lifted and turned into bright light, and I shield my eyes. Once it dimmed, I take away my hand, seeing young me running around with young Rue in a park.

The park seemed isolated. Suddenly, a memory struck. Rue and I found this abandoned garden as kids, and we fixed it up, hiding it from human's eyes, making this our secret hideaway. My head was hurting, so I shake away the memory and turn my attention back to scene in front of me. Rue and I played a while more, nothing seemed wrong. Suddenly, I catch a shadow to the right, and saw... Hawk Moth. He began walking to us 2 innocent kids, who had no idea he had entered our little base. I gasped, and run forward, attempting to block Hawk Moth's path. Instead, he walked right through me. Right, this was a memory, I can't touch anything. I shut my eyes tight, not wanting to see what was going to happen next. There was a soft evil giggle beside me, and the scene continued to play before me, and I was unable to block it out. Hawk Moth walked up to Rue and grabbed her from behind. Rue immediately froze for a good few seconds, probably in shock, and I screamed, before attempting to use a shock spell on Hawk Moth, hoping he would drop my sister. I was never good at spells, so that ended up backfiring, and I sent myself a shock. Hawk Moth lets out a loud evil laugh. "Now, all I have to do is akumatize both of you, and wait till a ladybug and a black cat appears. Then, I can finally get the Miraculous! I can make my wish! I can bring her back!" He shouts into the air. Frightened, I get up, turn and run off. Rue, who finally recovered from her initial shock, saw me running and screamed out at me. "(y/n)! Don't leave me! Sister!" As soon as I was out of sight, she was crying madly. Hawk Moth revealed a disgusted face, and used 2 fingers on Rue's neck, knocking her out. He smiles, before leaving the scene.

I fall on my knees, realising what I just saw. Rue... "IT IS ALL YOUR FAULT! YOUR FAULT THAT I GOT CAUGHT AND YOU GOT AWAY! YOUR FAULT THAT YOU DIDN'T SAVE ME! I THOUGHT YOU WERE MY SISTER! I THOUGHT YOU CARED FOR ME! BUT NO, YOU RAN OFF WITHOUT ME! WHAT KIND OF SISTER ARE YOU, (y/n)?!" Rue screamed. "YOUR WORTHLESS! USELESS! A MISTAKE! A DISAPPOINTMENT! YOU SHOULDN'T EXIST!" I was shaking on the ground, tears falling uncontrollably onto the dark world.