Eighteen

November 14, 1995
Today, Janet and Tupac were headed to The Waiting to Exhale soundtrack release party. They were bringing Elijah which meant this would be their first outing as a family.

Janet and Tupac were very private people, but they were especially excited to show off their baby. A month after Elijah was born, Tupac released Letter 2 My Unborn alongside a video.

The end of the video is closed out by showing a picture of Janet holding Elijah, with Tupac's arms wrapped around her while they both looked at the miracle that was their baby.

The screen fades to black and it read, 'Dedicated to my son, Elijah Amaru Shakur. 09/16/95'

"Babe? You ready to go?" Janet said from the bathroom. She was wearing a simple black dress with her braids up in a ponytail. Tupac was dressed a little more casual. He wore a white Fila shirt and jeans with his iconic white bandana tied around his head.

"Yeah I'm ready." He answered back.
"What about my baby boy?" She picked Elijah up and smiled at him.
"I'm ready, Mommy." Tupac said in a baby voice.
"We're going to see Auntie Whitney! She's gonna be so happy to see you."

They got into their limo and head off.
Once they arrived, the first person that greeted them was Faith.
"Pac?"
"Faith, wassup girl?"
They embraced for a second before Faith turned to Janet.
"Jay, it's so good to see you again..is this little Elijah?"
"Yes, you wanna hold him?"
"I would love to."

Janet carefully placed Elijah in Faith's arms.
"Oh! He is so precious.." Faith said adoringly before looking at Tupac. "Pac, this is your twin."
"I know." He smiled, gleaming with pride.
Elijah laid his head on Faith's shoulder.
Janet smiled, "Aww he likes you."
"Chyna would love him. They have to have a playdate someday when he's bigger."
"We would love that, whenever you come out here again with Chyna just let me know."

Elijah stayed with Faith while Janet and Tupac walked over to see Whitney.
"Nippy!"
"Dunk!" They tightly hugged.
"Where's that cute chunky baby of yours? Please tell me you brought him."
"I did. Faith is holding him. I'll be back with him in a second."

While Janet went to get her baby, Whitney had some words of advice for her other baby.
"How are you guys doing?" She asked Tupac.
"We're really happy. We're still learning how to do this parenting thing but we're doing it together." He said confidently.
"That's good."

"Let me tell you something, Tupac. Don't ever let these people in the press and media make you feel like you don't deserve to be with Janet, because you do. I've known Janet for a long time and I can say I've never seen her light up the way she does around you. I know you would never even think about hurting her. Keep being a good husband and father."
"Thank you. That really means a lot, coming from you."
"Chile, I'm just telling it how I see it. You guys have something real and it's rare to see that. So hold on to it."

They hugged for a moment before Janet came back back with Elijah in her arms.
"Is this little Elijah?"
"Yes." Janet smiled.
"Can I hold him?"
Janet placed him carefully in Whitney's arms.
"How precious are you? You are your daddy's twin. My daughter is her daddy's twin too. Someday, you can meet her. You would love her."

Elijah babbled back at Whitney which made Janet giggle.
"Oh really? I'll have to tell your parents that." Whitney laughed.
"He says that he wants to spend with Auntie Whitney. Auntie Whitney would love to."
"Tupac has a house in Georgia near Stone Mountain, so when we come out there for the holidays we'll definitely come see you guys."
"Me and Bobby would love that. Elijah is the cutest baby I've seen in awhile. You're gonna have to be fighting the girls off, Jay."
"Psh...my baby will be raised right."

The rest of the night went by fairly quickly and soon they were back home, starting their nightly routine.

-

Hey guys, long time no see. I promise the next chapters will be wayy longer, I just needed to give you guys a little something.

- Kelc