Always win

For missdoer, your comments touch my heart.

Always win

“AI! Let’s play chess!”

I produced a brand new chess set, shoving it into the droid’s arms.

“Now? But Young Master I—“

“Yes now! Come on, Father taught me how to play yesterday. I bet I can win you!” I grinned cheekily, grabbing AI’s arm and dragging him towards the drawing room.

___________________

“Why the fuck are you so good at chess?” I groaned, staring at the board—cornered.

“I am not entirely sure myself,” AI replied with a demure smile, slender fingers reaching for his Queen.

“And now, I believe this is the third game of the day—and my third victory.” 

Though I did not want to admit it, the droid was right.

Just this morning, I pulled out my old chess set—challenging AI to a game.

I figured that he was bored at the basement, but I guess not.

He was waiting patiently.

Waiting for his Master—

Who never came.

I looked at the droid who wore a perfect mask of indifference—when deep inside, he was just a hopeless vessel.

“Is something wrong, Young Master?” AI asked, pushing up the slim frame on the bridge of his nose—readjusting his mask.

I paused.

“No…” I propped up an elbow, leaning the side of my head against the back of my palm.

AI smiled fondly. “You sure resemble your Father at times, Young Master.”

I glanced sideways at him.

“What do you mean?”

“He does that too when I beat him at chess.”

I raised an eyebrow.

“—The hell? How can you win every single time? Have you ever lost?” I questioned, curious.

AI brought a finger to his lips in thought, and his head tilted to the side. “Come to think of it—no. No, I have never lost, Young Master,” He smiled gently.

“Perhaps it is because I am…artificially intelligent?” He continued, smiling—and yet I swear, the skies in his eyes darkened sadly.  

But that’s not possible.

Everyone knows how easy it is to win Artificial Intelligence at chess.

Like those games humans play on devices.

Aren’t they the easiest to defeat?

But then again—

Love breaks every password—

Love hacks—