Field Trip to the Museum

Start bij het begin

Before we head to the second floor, Mrs. Chandler says it's time for lunch, so we all head out to the cafeteria in the main area. I help her sort the cheap sandwiches and juice among the students, and then go get another coffee myself. When I'm about to pay, someone approaches the cashier lady, and tells her not to worry. 'Put it on my tab, Eleanor. It's on me.' And oh surprise, it's the gorgeous man in the gray hoodie. Except now, he's wearing even more layers and scarfs, and a beanie, and he looks so huggable. 'Hey, there,' he says to me, and I'm still a little confused. I'm just lucky there's a wall that separates the café area from the main cafeteria because I don't want my students seeing this.

'Thank you. You didn't have to do this,' is all I manage to say.

'I know. But it was the only way I could think of saying something.' He gets himself a hazelnut latte, just like mine. 'I saw you looking earlier.'

Fuck. I was way too obvious.

'Nothing wrong.' There's silence and he leads me to a table nearby. 'I'm Gerard, by the way. I work here at the museum.'

'I'm Frank,' I say shaking his hand. Is he like trying to offer me a job or what is happening?

'You're a teacher?'

I nod. 'History teacher.'

'You seem to be having a lot of fun, huh?'

'Is it that obvious?'

He nods, and starts to lean in, and before I know it, his lips are on mine, his beard scratching the corner of my mouth. Fuck, I love this too much. He tastes like hazelnut coffee, obviously, and that makes everything even better. 'Just thought I'd get it over with,' he says.

And I know this is too forward, but fuck I need it. And he already slipped his tongue in my mouth five minutes after introducing himself, so what the hell? It's not like we're ever gonna see each other again. And my students – and former teacher and coworker – are standing merely feet away. But I just need ten minutes. I think I deserve it. 'Where's the bathroom?' I ask.

He points to his left, so I get up and pull him by the arm, but he pulls me the other way around, straight through a door that says Employees Only. There's a long hallway and we go through another door that reads Employee's Restroom. It's a single one, so we're not risking anyone coming in. 'I just wanna say,' I tell him, his hands already on my hips, pulling me in. 'I don't do this often. Or more like – never.'

'Me neither.' And still, he pushes me to the wall, as his tongue literally attacks me, which I welcome with a gasp. I help him take off his many layers, while he unzips my jeans. It all happens too fast. His hands are under my shirt one second, and the next, he's on his knees, with my dick in his mouth. And honestly, I couldn't care less if he does this often or not, all I care I how he's doing it to me. I throw away his beanie, and pull his hair, while he's down there, and I hear him moan.

This is more fun than I thought.

When I finally come – it doesn't take long –, he kisses the rest of my body, and though I'd love to reciprocate, I realize I've been away for too long. 'I gotta go,' I say, putting on my clothes, and helping him with his. 'I'm sorry. Mrs. Chandler must be worried about my whereabouts. I don't want to get in trouble.'

'I understand,' he says, and then kisses me.

'Thanks – for everything.' I can't help smiling, for real. I've never done anything this adventurous in my whole life. I know, that's lame, I know, but I didn't come out until later in my life, and I'm not the kind of person who has one-night stands. So I liked this.

He leads me back to the cafeteria, and before I join them, he calls me. 'You forgot your coffee.' And hands it to me with a wink.

'Where were you?' Mrs. Chandler asks me.

'Sorry. I ran into an old friend while getting coffee, and we were talking. I lost track of time.' I just hope my hair isn't messy enough to give me away.

I then take a sip of coffee - hazelnut lattes will now have a different meaning for me - and notice a scribble on my paper cup. A phone number, and it's signed. Gerard :)

I smile so big, I'm sure Mrs. Chandler and Jackie Martinez, the girl sitting next to me, notice.

Soon after, we go upstairs and I do my best to remain calm and not get excited because I just got a guy's number.

An hour or two later, we're getting on the bus. I made it without killing any of my students, I think I can call that an achievement. I count them again, to make sure everyone's here, and just as I'm going back to my seat, I hear one of them calling me. 'Mr. Iero!' It's Jackie. She barely talks, so I'm surprised she has a question. 'Your friend is out there.' I turn to my right, and see Gerard waving from the sidewalk, smiling at me.

I wave back, and as the engine starts, they all yell, 'Bye, Mr. Iero's boyfriend!'