Suzie Do You Copy? (pt. ii)

Start from the beginning

The plan in itself was foolproof; there was no way Dustin wouldn't follow the satanic choo-choo train of action figures—he'd be too curious to let that go.

Did that mean he'd take it well and not blow things to a whole new level of crazy? Absolutely not.

Plus, the party horns as well?

It all seemed pointless to Dylan. But unfortunately they were in too deep for him to change their minds (dismissing the fact that he'd been trying to do just that from the beginning when the plan was first concocted).

Mike looked thoughtful, but ultimately shrugged his shoulders. "It can't be that bad, can it?" He asked him idly.

Dylan wasn't known to be optimistic. "Yes. It really can be."

Max rolled her eyes. "Dylan you're over exaggerating. Everything's gonna be fine!" She hissed, slapping his shoulder a bit. "Now shut up, he's coming!"

Silencing themselves, the six of them listened in as Dustin and his mother came into the house. Dustin himself immediately stormed to his room in a haze of disappointment and annoyance. Dylan felt a tad bit bad—the boy really did believe that they'd forgotten about him.

Yet another downside to this stupid plan.

Mike turned to look at him. "What do you hear?" He asked him in a hushed tone.

Oh right. Dylan was an important part of this plan too. Well, semi-important; it was his job to determine when El could use her powers to scare the living shit out of Dustin.

He sighed and listened in, hearing Dustin talking to his turtle. He figured now should be a decent time to go for it. After all, feeling the need that a pet turtle of all things was the only sentient being you could talk to, was kind of just....well, sad.

Exhaling lightly, Dylan looked over to El and nodded. Nodding back, she slowly closed her eyes and Dylan could hear the whirring and clacking of the little plastic figures coming to life. He could also feel Dustin's extreme discomfort as he followed them down to the main room. He also seemed on edge and cautious.

Dylan sighed idly. This was not gonna go well.

Hearing Dustin's footsteps now in the living room, he turned to look at Mike who, in turn, looked at El. "Now!" He whispered sharply and the girl opened her eyes.

Suddenly the noise ceased, signalling the lack of movement of the objects. Dylan could feel Dustin's vast confusion and wariness at the matter as the six of them crept into the living room behind him.

He held tightly to Mike's hand as they inched their way towards the unbeknown boy. Max was at the side, Will and El at the far left and Dylan and Mike at the right. Lucas was in the front, holding the 'Welcome Home' sign.

Dustin was kneeling in front of them, eyeing his collectibles and Dylan eyed him with furrowed brows of confusion. Was that—was that hairspray in his hand?

His eyebrows quickly shifted from furrowed to raised. Oh—oh shit; that was why he was holding that.

Lord.....

Subtly rolling his eyes, Dylan nodded along as Max started to count down from three with her fingers. As she put up her third finger, the Party blew into the stupid birthday horns in excitement—all while Dylan yanked Mike close to his chest and stepped a few feet back.

The ravenette boy was about to eye him curiously when his attention was caught by Dustin shrieking loudly, whipping around to spray Lucas in the face, who dropped the sign and let out that ear-piercing scream that drove Dylan's hearing into suicide.