1.

I woke up, something was dripping on me . Not the roof again. I had closed the whole with a piece of clay I had but it didn't work again. At just age 23 I had 2 children. Having gotten married at just age 20(against my mum's advice of course), I looked older than I really was. I was 20 but physically I looked like a 50 year old woman. It is true that childbearing makes you older. I had to get up remembering to ask Kwame,my husband to fix the roof. He was just a petty Mason and I was just a bread hawker. I struggled everyday because I had two children to take care of. I have a lot of regrets in my life but I have never and will never regret having giving birth to the most precious jewels in the world. They were my diamonds. "Kwame, will you please fix the roof?" I asked."This is the third time it had leaked and no matter how much I try to fix it I just can't" I said. He shrugged which I guess meant okay. Marrying him is my biggest regret. I got up, went to the small corner where we kept our utensils and started preparing breakfast. It wasn't anything special just the normal hausa Koko and bread. It wasn't a lot but it was enough. I served Kwame and without even bothering to say thank you he quickly dug into his meal. How did I end up in this?

So I hope you like this chapter.
Anyway this story is based in Ghana so here are meanings of some words I used.
Hausa Koko- This is a simple porridge taken mostly as breakfast with a doughnut.
Kwame- A day name given to boys born on Saturday.