Chapter 16-Spot's POV

"What're ya gonna do?" I asked Jo. We all were in Tibby's after selling papes half of the day. Papes sold quickly when we hadn't been selling.

"Well, I'm gonna just... wing it, I guess. Maybe he'll understand with him and Sarah bein' together now." I nodded. "Wish me luck," she said.

I watched as she walked up to Jack and tapped him on the arm. She said somethin' to him; what I thought was "we need to talk". Her and Jackie boy went to the corner of the room and started talkin'.

"What?!" he yelled. He pulled Jo out of Tibby's and I slowly got up from my chair. I was gonna go out there if need be. She wasn't going to get hurt anymore. I refused to let it happen again.

I watched through the window as they both talked even though it looked like they were arguin'. They stayed out there for well over ten minutes.

"Hey, Spot, you know what's going on out there?" David asked.

"Not exactly." I kept watchin'. Finally, Jo stopped talkin' and motionin'. Jack stood there for a second, then dropped his head, nodding, and said somethin'. She threw her arms around his neck and they hugged each other. They both walked back in a few minutes later and Jack walked over to me.

"Heya, Jackie boy,"

He pointed his finger at my face. "Ya break her heart, I hurt ya. You hurt her, I kill ya, ya hear?"

"Yeah. I hear ya. But I don't plan on doin' any of that," We spit-shook on it. Jack walked back to his table and Jo came running to me.

She threw her arms around me. "I's guessin' he agreed due to the threats he just made," I said.

"It took some convincin'. That's for sure. But, yeah. I'm so happy right now. I don't know what to do." she laughed.

"Well, ya know, youse could always kiss me," I smirked.

She hit me on the arm, laughin'. "Ha, ha. Very funny." she smiled. We hugged each other again.

"Ooohhh Spot and Jo are gettin' friendly again," Mush taunted.

"Oh shut up, Mush. You're just jealous that ya don't have a girl like Beauty here." I snapped.

"So it's official?" Kid Blink asked. How did he know?

"Yep." she smiled.

"Have you kissed yet?" Mush asked.

"Ooh!"

Jo's face went red. "None of ya business, Mush! Keep ya nose where it's 'posed to be!"

The fellas chuckled. "I'll take that as a yes." Mush taunted.

We walked to the table Jackie boy, Kid Blink and David sat at. I pulled up two chairs and let Jo sit first. I yawned and stretched then put my around her shoulders. I looked ahead and joined the conversation, seein' out the corner of my eye that she was blushin' and smilin'.

That girl was really somethin'.