Nishinoya Yuu - Ghost

This was one-shot was inspired by the anime "Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun" so you if you haven't seen the anime nor know the story, then you might get a bit confused.

And if you haven't watched it, what are you doing? GO WATCH IT!

"Hi, (Y/N)." Noya greets as he enters the bathroom.

You smile when you see him. "Hi, Noya! How was your day?"

"Great! I have so much things to tell you!" He grabs a bucket and a sponge as his makes his way to one of the bathrooms. "Like, you won't believe what Ryuu did."

He told you what he had done while cleaned the bathrooms. You floated above him, hearing with your full attention to his stories. This was your favorite part of the day.

"And Kageyama is even better now after the All Japan Youth Camp. You should have seen! I wish I could have gone too and received amazing spikes!" His eyes twinkled as he said that.

You giggle. "Well, in the nationals you will be able to, won't you?"

He turns his head to you and smiles brightly. "Yeah!"

"Oh," He continues. "And then Kiyoko-san gave us water. So considerate!"

You avoid rolling your eyes at the mention of her name. What's so great about her anyway?

When he finishes cleaning, you both go around the school, searching for adventures and Wonders.

Noya had no idea how much these things meant to you. You had been all alone - well, expect for the other Wonders and spirits - for years and never really talk with humans. But he had come to you and stayed even after finding out you existed. He didn't see you as a freak; he thought you were amazing.

Hearing that from a human was comforting for you. Someone still saw humanity in you.

If only you felt the same.

*

"Hi!" He slides the door opened with a loud greet but you don't move from your position next to the window. You watched as his teammates went home.

"What's wrong?" He asks as he approaches you.

You don't look at him. "I think you should stop coming."

Noya makes a perplexed face. "Why?"

You look at him, your eyes cold. "Because you should be going home with them. Because you should be with your family."

"I don't mind being here."

"I know. That's the problem."

"I don't get it, (Y/N)."

You sigh and jump from your seat. The hakujodais floated around you in calm motions.

"You should enjoy your time with the living, not with the dead."

"It makes no difference to me."

"It makes to me."

"Why are you suddenly talking about this? You never had any problems before." He takes a few steps toward you and you sent a hakujodai to stop in front of him.

"Because I wasn't thinking before. I should have never let you become aware of my existence and of the other spirits."

"But it has been so much fun!" He slaps the hakujodai away and grabs you by the shoulders. Your eyes widen.

"I love the time I spent with you, (Y/N)! Not because you're a spirit and can make awesome things like flying; but because you're a great and funny girl. I like to be your friend."

You look down as you clench your fists. "Dead people can't have friends. It's not natural."

"Who says that?! I'll kick their asses!"

You let out a short laugh and Noya smiles a bit at that.

"You shouldn't spend your after club time in a bathroom but outside."

"We can go outside."

"You know what I mean." You say as you look at him. "I can't leave this school but you can."

Noya stops for a moment, thinking. His eyes never left yours and if you had a heart, it would surely be beating fast.

"But we can make all kinds of things here! I know, why don't you come and watch me practice? You have never come." He asks, his eyes twinkling with hope.

"I...I..." You never really wanted to go since seeing him with his friends would only reminding you what you were missing. You take a deep breath, allowing yourself to do what you wanted. "Okay."

Noya blinks. "What?"

"I said okay, I'll go to watch your practice. I want to meet your friends."

"They'll love you!" He says as he holds your hands. You feel yourself blush, somehow.

"They won't be able to see me, Noya."

"I'll present you anyway!"

You laugh and Noya smiles. "They will think you're crazy."

"I don't mind. Not if it means that I'll finally be able to get you see me practice."

You tilt your head. "You wanted me to come?"

Noya nods. "For a while, yeah. Plus, since you can float, you can the game in every direction! It's amazing!"

You make a small smile as you make him let go of your hands. You jump to the small wardrobe next to the window and open the window. You hair blows in all directions.

"You know... What you can't accomplish on life, you can't accomplish in death either." You say, staring at the sunset. Noya stared at you. "That's what I thought." You look at him as you close your eyes and smile. "But you changed that."

"Me? How?" He says as he jumps to the wardrobe as well.

"Because while I was alive I didn't fell in love. I never expected that that would happen to me on death."

Noya blinks many times before he hides his face on his hands and crouches. You crouch as well, concerned.

"What's wrong?" You ask as you place a hand on his back. "Are you not feeling well?"

He peeks trough his fingers before removing his hands. You eyes widen as you see his flushed face.

"N-No." It was the first time you saw him so embarrassed. S-So cute! "It's just that this is the first time a girl told me she liked me."

You smile. "Well, I honestly don't know how that is possible. You're amazing, Noya. You even became friends with a spirit."

He suddenly hugs you and threw you of balance, making you fall on the ground and Noya on top of you.

"E-Eh?" You blush as his eyes stared deep into yours.

"I wouldn't really mind if..." He looks away for a second before looking at you again, determined. "If we became more than friends."