Why must you challenge me?

(Picture above is Lauren)
I sat on my bed, sitting cross legged in a v-neck, flannel shirt, and high waisted jeans, with Black Hole Sun playing thRough out my room. I quickly brought my hair over to one side, awkwardly pulling my figures through a snarl, making a disturbing face. I held my phone out in front of me so I was in frame. I made sure the lighting was okay and I didn't look gross. "Hey guys! I just wanted to remind you how much you all mean to me, I'm so sorry I don't get to all of you, but never change because you're perfect!" I exclaimed rather quickly and gave a kissy face, before ending the video. I clicked the description box and typed 'Thank you guys so much for being there and I need you to know how much you mean to me!'

After I posted it, comments, revines, and likes came rolling in, making me smile. I got up, left my room, and walked down stairs, looking for Lauren. Right when I was about to yell to her, I heard the sounds of pots and pans banging in the kitchen. "Ey mama, what are you doing?" I yelled to her while laying down on one of the many couches in the room.

After another series of banging and a yell of terror, I hear her say, "I'm okay! I'm getting ready to make dinner." 'The girl is a brain surgeon but she has that much trouble getting ready to boil water.' I thought to myself before she added, "You have mail, just so you know. Left side of the coffee table!"

"What? Why?" I asked to no one in particular while sitting up to look at the table to find this so called 'Mail'. I found it and opened it, but before I got the chance to read it, Lauren came in and sat down. "I thought you were making dinner?"

She sighed and said, "yeah, I'm just going to order a pizza." She looked at my hands, pointed at the letter, and said, "it's from MAGcon, by the way."

I scrunched up my nose and then realized she would have had to go through my mail to know it was from them. "First off, ew," I said while putting the paper down and then added, "second of all, you opened my mail?!"

"It's not the first time I've done it," she said honestly. I made a face again and she then asked, "what? You don't want to go?"

I made a face that basically questioned her intelligence, earning a look from her. "Why on earth, would I want to be stuck with a bunch of annoying, sexist, idiotic boys, that lets be honest, have more that questionable hygiene?" I asked while sitting back and crossing my legs.

She gave me a slightly mocking disappointed look before saying, "wow, you're going to let a bunch of teenagers, boys none the less, stand in between you and the love your fans deserve? I didn't take you for a weakling."

I gave her a sassy look while crossing my arms next. I knew what she was doing, she was trying to manipulate me, challenge me. "I'm not weak," I said sternly.

She shrugged and looked into my purple eyes, "prove it. Don't let a bunch of stuck up, preppy boys, stand in between you and the people you care about. Besides, you might realize it's not that bad."

I groaned and gave her an unamused look. "You already said I would, didn't you?" It connected with me now, she must have been contacted first because in still a minor so I need parental consent.

"Yup, and I'm not a liar, so you better get your shit together, girl. You leave in three days." She stood up and looked at me.

My face went to shock but I called her out, "you did this on purpose! You waited until it was too late to back out to tell me I was going, you evil woman!" I shouted, making her laugh. "Plus, the fact that you would send your daughter out alone for months with a group of total strangers kind of makes me question your ability to be a parent!"