"Relax babe" Tosin pulled a pink slip from her pocket "He asked me to give you"

Catherine collected the paper with suspicion still looking at Tosin's calm face. The pizza in her hand was already half gone.

Catherine opened the paper gradually and read it.

Hey babe
I love surprises and I love surprising you. I promise to always give you surprise rides. I'll always appear at times you never expect and I'll be more than just your man

Catherine looked at Tosin who had finished taking her pizza

"Babe is he about to propose to me?Please tell me so I'll be prepared"

Tosin laughed at the way Catherine was looking worried and apprehensive.

"Chill babe,let's just take it one step at a time"And that was the only thing Tosin told her throughout the ride. After a ride of about 30 minutes, Catherine noticed that Tosin had packed in front of George's house, Catherine turned and gave her a questioning look.

"Babe,all I know is that George loves you a lot. This is your present destination,enjoy every bit of this while it lasts. And once you get into the house,move to the kitchen"Tosin encouraged and instructed her.

Catherine got down from the car and Tosin left without even waving. She didn't know what to expect,was George going to propose to her in his house? Her palms were already sweaty and she looked at her self properly,why hadn't she reapplied her makeup and worn something much more better to work.

Not that her baby blue gown wasn't beautiful,but she felt underdressed at that moment.

Catherine opened the door of the main house and as Tosin had instructed her,she went to the kitchen and there she saw a very neat place. His kitchen was very modern, painted milk on one part and brown on the other part,it made Catherine think of chocolate. All his utensils were packed away in the cabinet and his gas cooker close to the kitchen island.

Catherine's eyes caught the neatly arranged tray of food on the kitchen island. She uncovered the food and saw the most appetizing plate of Jollof rice, plantain and chicken.

Beneath the glass of water, Catherine noticed another pink slip

Hey babe
I might not be the best cook in the world but I'll make you surprise dishes. I'll help you in the kitchen and I'll try my best to make sure each food is tasty. There'll be no dull moments in the kitchen and everywhere. Trust me babe,I mean every word. Don't forget to come upstairs.

Catherine folded the note and smiled,who knew George could be this cheesy and sweet,she tried imagining him bent over on his table, writing each note, Catherine wondered if he was upstairs. She took spoons of the rice since she was hungry,gulped down the glass of water and headed upstairs.

On each step there was a picture of them on the wall from their secondary school days,each picture brought a lot of memories to Catherine and she tried hard not to sob,she had to reserve her tears till when George would appear.

She was so certain that he was upstairs in his room and so she walked with vigour,opened the door and boom,no George but Natasha was sitting right on the bed

"What is happening?"Catherine asked in confusion, first Tosin, now Natasha,how were they able to pull this right under her nose

"Lots of things babe,first of all,I want you to go inside that bathroom,have a shower and then I'll proceed"Natasha ordered her.

"Babe please put me out of this misery,tell me if his proposing"Catherine begged.

"Well, something like that"Natasha smirked.
"Just go ahead and bath,am waiting"Natasha chased her into the bathroom.