↳ 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚎 ✗

⁂

AS ZIA WAS HOOKING up the blood equipment for Blue, Katherine slowly unclasped the muzzle around her snout. shushing her softly. "It's okay."

Franklin's eyes widen, "Uh are you-" A look from Owen made him shut up quick.

Zia grabs a scalpel and hovers it above Blue's skin, "Okay. I'm going to make an incision on her leg to remove the bullet." As she pierces the raptors skin, Blue screeches out in pain, Katherine running her hands over Blue's head and neck, soothing her gently.  "It's a lot of muscle tissue."

As Blue's breathing got heavier and heavier, Katherine noticed a small tear come out from the corner of Blue's eye, slowly she reached for the tear, wiping it away while trying to control her own. Blue stared at her sadly and in pain, "I know babygirl, I'll give them hell."

It was quiet and everyone was watching in anticipation as Zia carefully pulled out the bullet, and when she did everyone held their breath. She then smiled softly at the raptor trainers, "She's gonna be okay."

They crack a small smile. Claire shed a few tears and a wide smile, even Franklin smiled brightly. Katherine and Owen shared a quick smile but Katherine's quickly faded as she stared back at the raptor in front of her. She knew this is the beginning of something horrible.

A part of her wanted to storm out of there and go give Wheatley and Leo a few slaps around, but she knew wherever they were going there would probably be a lot of security and tools to move the dinosaurs around with no problem, which means they wont need her anymore, which means a bullet in her head. She sighs, sharing a look with Owen who seemed tired. Owen gives her a small smile, "You should try and get some rest." He whispers as he moved close to her.

Katherine gives him a small look, "You know I won't be able too, but why don't you try, you need it."

He opens his mouth to speak but Claire cuts him off, "You both deserve rest, why don't you both try. We'll be okay, she'll be okay."

Owen woke up before Katherine. He glanced down at her and studied her perfect features. Her eyebrows were furrowed and she had a frown on her lips, like she was in deep thought. Her body was tensed, even while sleeping. Her right arm was across Owen's chest, her hand holding a fist full of Owen's shirt and her  left arm was wrapped around his, holding tightly.

Claire stared at Owen staring at Katherine love-struck and a smile on his lips. "So when are you gonna pop the question?"

Owen's head shot towards Claire so fast he almost got whiplash, "Uh-"

She laughed softly but quietly, "I'm not oblivious, Owen. It's been three years since you guys got together, been in love for maybe longer than that.  You guys are literally an epic love story. You know she told me before we came here she wants to take your last name, have your kids, grow a family with you. When we get out of this, pop the question. I know you want too."

Owen smiled softly, turning slightly towards Katherine and using his free hand to brush a strand of her brown hair that fell from her pony tail away from her face, "I'm waiting for the right moment too, I got the ring and everything I just need good timing."

Claire didn't get to respond when Katherine started stiring awake. She hesitantly pulls away from the safety of Owen, rubbing her eyes as she did so. She glances up at her boyfriend, "We're here."

"Good morning to you too, sweetheart." She reached over and gave him a quick peck on his cheek before standing up, stretching her sore muscles.

Franklin sits up quickly, "Where?"

Hearing talking and some movement on the other side of the truck, Katherine's eyes widen. Zia moves to her feet quickly along with the others. Katherine motioning for them to hide against the wall. Right as the three hid, the little window opens.

Wheatley stares at the two girls, ignoring the glares. "She got a heartbeat?"

Katherine subconsciously placed her hand on Blue's neck, "Yeah. Do you?"

Wheatley rolls his eyes, looking at Zia. "We need blood samples."

"I'm not here to help you reset the food chain, so take your own damn samples." Katherine couldn't help but smirk at Zia's response. Wheatley rolls his eyes once more before closing the window. Immediately Zia motioned them to leave. They hoped out and of course, Franklin was the one to get caught.

"Hey! What the hell is going on?"

Franklin's eyes widen and Katherine shares a worried look with Zia. "I was....."

Immediately Zia popped her head out the tarp, "I needed an extra pair of hands. He volunteered."

The man didn't really seem to care, "You deck crew?"

Franklin didn't know what to say so he nodded and said, "aye-aye."

"We're logging out. Follow me."

"Does that mean we're leaving the ship? Right now?" Katherine mentally palmed her forehead at the kids idiotocy. 

"That means what that means. Now get moving. Come on, follow me!"

Katherine glanced at Zia. "He's not gonna make it."

Zia ignored the comment and walked over to Blue, who was starting to wake up. The trucks roared to life and started to move, which means they arrived to wherever they were headed too. Zia opened Blue's eye, shinning a small flashlight in it to check her pupils. Blue started to trash out, "Yes!" Katherine couldn't help give a small smirk, her raptor was back.

Wheatley shoves the tarp open and points at Katherine, "Get out."

Katherine's eyebrows furrowed, "Why?"

"If you don't come with me your little boyfriend is going to get shot in the head."

short chapter
but it's sum :(

! ALSO i finally watched knives out and i love chris evans so much and his character Ransom, so i would v much appreciate it if you'll go over and check out my fic about that. just posted the first few chapters and i'm very proud on how it's turning out so go give it some love !

don't be a silent reader
vote , comment , share

unedited