Chapter 5 - A Visit From the Past

Dec. 3rd 4:32 PM

Harry's POV

"Liam?" I said. He was crumpled on the floor, his eyes red and baggy from obvious hours of crying.

I snatched the towel off the rack and wrapped it around my waist, stepping out of the shower and towards Liam. He looked up at me with puppy-like eyes and I secured the towel around my waist as I squatted next to my friend.

"Sh-she b-broke up w-with m-m-me," he sobbed.

"I know Li, you told me earlier. Are you ok?" I pulled a shirt over my head and sat next to him on the floor.

"D-do I l-look ok?"

I pressed my lips together. "Darian?" I asked softly.

She poked her head out from behind the shower curtain. "Yes, love?"

I grabbed the towel off the counter and tossed it toward her. She wrapped it over her chest and stepped out. She crossed the bathroom towards us and got on her knees next to Liam, placing her hand on his shaking back. He looked up at her, his eyes widening. "Liam," I stated proudly. "This is Darian."

She smiled sympathetically, knowing why he was crying.

"Nice to m-meet you," he stuttered.

"As to you," she said calmly. Almost motherly.

He gazed at her in awe. She stood.

"Well I guess we should get him situated," she said. "Shall we?"

She held out her hand to him and helped him up off the floor. He took the collar of his shirt and wiped under his eyes as Darian led him down the hall to one of the two guest bedrooms.

She stopped at the end of the hall and gestured toward the door to her right. "You have luggage?" He nodded.

"Well, make yourself comfortable and we'll get dressed and get your bags, hon," she smiled. "Ok?"

He nodded once more and Darian took my hand, leading me down the hall toward her room. I pecked her on the cheek at her doorway and continued down the hall and up the spiral stairs to my room.

Upon reaching my dresser I yanked out a pair of boxers and slipped my legs into them. I pulled a pair of sweatpants off a hanger in my closer and pulled them up.

I opted for no shirt as I strode back across my room and down the stairs to the living room.

Louis and Ana were asleep on the couch and Liam's bags sat stacked next to the double doors that led to our front porch. I slung a backpack of his over my shoulder and grabbed the handles of two bags, lifting them and carrying them down the hall to his room.

I pushed the door open to find Liam sleeping on the bed, dried tears stained his rosy cheeks and the setting sun cast slits of light through the shutters on the windows to my right.

I quietly put the bags next to the door and was about to leave.

"He was asking for you a few minutes ago," Darian said.

I jumped at the sound of her voice, for I didn't know she was standing there. She came over to me and wrapped her arms securely around my waist and I slung my left arm over her shoulder. She took a deep breath and sighed heavily.

I kissed the top of her head and smiled. We walked hand in hand down the hall back to her room and flopped down onto the bed. She laid on my right side and rested her head on my chest. I stroked her hair and hummed "Irresistible" to her.