REPLACEMENT- One shot story

"Hey D, may triple date daw mamaya kasama tropa ko, sama ka send ko sayo address."

She then hung up the phone, I still have power point presentation to be done but yeah, I'll finish it later. Kristine is my crush and I'm courting her for 2 years now, I met her when I was at my 1st year in college. I immediately close my laptop as I receive her message. This place is far from my apartment, so it means I need to rush now.

When I reach the place I saw her with her best friends together with their boyfriends. I know them all, Kristine and I just date if her friends will have a date too. I never experience going on a date with her, alone. She told me that her parents are strict and that she is not allowed to have a boyfriend yet, and I really respect that and I'm willing to wait for her 'yes'.

"D, come here, i miss you." She then hug me, i hug her back.

"Haha, I miss you too Kris." I replied.

"Come on! I'm hungry can you stop that for a while. Tuloy niyo nalang yan mamaya." Kiara her friend said then rolled her eyes on us.

We ate and have fun that night, I even got a perfect score in a surprise quiz after that day. We're all sweet in different ways, one of the best dates we ever done.

Its been 5 days since that day happened, after bringing her home she did not text me again, as usual. She's like that, always. Magkikita lang kami at magkakausap kung may date kami kasama ang best friends niya, i don't mind din naman kasi ang sweet niya naman pag nagkita kami, pero masakit din kasi once a month lang may date. I don't want to text her consecutively cause she might be mad at me, nangyari na to last year, she didn't talk to me, it's very hard to pleased her. But I don't mind cause I really like her.

" Kris?, can I ask you for a date tomorrow?" I called her, luckily she answered.

"Titingnan ko sched ko bukas, I'll text you if I'm available."

"O ok, i hope you're available, i miss you by the way." I waited for her answer but she hung up the phone.

Our set up is always like this, we will just have a date if her friends will have a date too. But there was once na nag date kami and then it just lasted for an hour cause she said she had an emergency. After that months would pass by and we'll eventually have our dates with her bestfriends and their dates. I always ask her to have a date with me, katulad ngayon niyayaya ko nanaman siya mag date. Expected na kami lang dalawa so for sure she wouldn't be available, even if I knew that she'll refuse our dates I still try it, maybe she will change her mind in any day. We don't talk or text a lot, I also don't want to text her always kasi alam mo yon? Pinaparamdam niya talaga sayong ayaw ka niyang kausap, ayaw ka niyang ka text at ayaw ka niyang makita. One time nong may double date kami I ask her why she doesn't reply to my text or answer my call and she just told me that texting is not her thing.

I'm thinking a lot, and I don't like it cause it hurts. After taking a shower I received a messege from her.

:Kristine
I'm sorry, full sched. ko for tom.

That was it. As expected. I didn't bother to reply anymore.

I am really tired of her, sabi nila pag gusto mo raw yong tao gagawin mo ang lahat para magustuhan ka rin nila. Titiisin mo raw ang sakit at iintindihin ang anomang pagkukulang sayo, tatanggapin kung ano man ang ipinapakita at ipinaparamdam sayo. But how? Ang hirap na eh, masakit kaya. Pero segi isa pa, isa pa, last na talaga to pag hindi na mag wowork eh di wala na, end na, end of courtship na parang relationship. Kapag magkasama kami pati ang mga kaibigan niya,  she always show me that she also like me, she made me feel that we have a mutual feeings for each other. She is super sweet and caring, she will ask me questions like 'how's your day?' Like it made me feel special kasi alam mong may pakialam ang taong gusto mo sa nangyari sa araw mo. Yon nga lang pinapakita at pinaparamdam niya lang yon sa akin pag kaharap mga kaibigan niya.

My school day is over and it's starting to get dark, kung uuwi ako sa apartment makakatulog lang ako diretso, i needed to it cause I'm hungry kasi hindi ako kumain ng tanghalian ko kanina, sobrang busy talaga ang daming gagawin dahil sa nalalapit na exam. Since there are many food restautant here I'll just eat befire going home. Ang school namin ay malapit sa mga malls which is a big advantage for us students lalo na pag bibili ng gamit para sa project o libro. Minsan lang ako napapadpad sa mall, tuwing may bibilhin lang na importante o kagaya ngayon pagod ako.

When I found a good diner, I went in and order foods. Nag enjoy ako sa pagkain kasi nga gutom ako kanina, now that I'm full I'll go home and then take a shower then immediately.

But, as I was to go out. Someone caught my attention, it was Kristine. Paglingon ko sa kasama niya ay nabigla ako, hindi ko kasi kilala ang kasama niya. She always say to me that she never go out with someone she doesn't have a strong or a close connection with. It was a guy, he has a fair skin, he's tall but I'm taller, he also got the looks. They sat in a corner away from other diners. Pupuntahan ko na sana kaso hinalikan siya nito sa labi. Napatigil ako, for the two years of courting I never kissed her in the lips as a sign if respect for her and her so called 'strict parents'. I feel numb for a moment, I standstill. I want to confront her of what just happened. So I walk near them, naramdaman siguro nilang may nakatingin kay nilingon nila ako.
Natulala saglit si Kristine samantalang ang lalaki naman ay binigyan ako ng nagtatanong ng tingin.

"D, order food please. He's a friend, and I need to talk to him for a while." Kristine said it to the man infront of her.

"Okay, I'll be back, not to long ok?." The man answered as if I'll steal Kristine. She just nooded then face me.

"Dominic, sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"Dominic? Tsk. What was that? Is he your boyfriend? Kailan pa? Paano?." I state it hurtly.

" Ok so, he's my boyfriend, we are together for 4 years now. I'm sorry." She started crying.

"4 years? What the f*ck? You didn't even tell me that you have a boyfriend or atleast stop me from courting you. You know that I like you so much and I thought you like me too? Was that all a show?." I am shock, just wow. She managed to hide it?

"I didn't tell you I have one because he was away, my friends will say my life is lonely if I still wait for my boyfriend and I don't want them to think of that and they also though we broke up, I lied to them cause they don't like Derrick, my boyfriend. That is why I use you since you like me, I let you court me and didn't stop you cause I don't want my friends to think that my lovelife is lonely. And yeah it was all a show, I'm sorry. I nicknamed you with the initial D not because your name starts with that letter but because it starts his name. I'm so sorry, ginawa kitang replacement habang wala siya. I know I hurt so, I hope you can forgive me." She wipes her tears and them left me.

I went home immediately. I am hurt, so so hurt.

So this is really it. She used me and didn't like me. She made me a replacement for her boyfriend. That was all a show.

People say "Action speaks louder than words." But I say "Actions without words are confusing."

             -END-