Chapter Six (Unedited)

"Hey, so we have a small problem." Those weren't words the Scarlett liked to use often. There was really only one way she could go to Berlin, and that was with Jacklyn. Maybe it was something about her big brown eyes or the way that she could persuade a crowd like a popular politician. 

That or the fact that Scarlett did not want to go through the wrath of her mother, because this certainly was not a story that she would believe.

"Do I want to guess?"

"Just get us another plane ticket to Berlin and meet me at Jenny's." There was a brief pause on the other side of the phone. Scarlett shivered due to the cold air outside. That and there was the fact that she could feel Jacklyn's glare through the window. If there was someone Scarlett never wanted to piss off, it was Jacklyn. 

"I'll be over in ten minutes. I want to assume that a certain someone has found their way into our plans. Someone that probably shouldn't have."

"Listen, Bradon, I don't need a lecture. I just had an earful, and the last thing I need is a whole new rant. Just get over here, okay?" Scarlett clicked the hang-up button on her phone and rushed back inside. She let out a thankful breath as the heat nipped at her skin and fingertips. She walked back to the booth and let out an excited squeal when she saw a platter of pancakes stacked up half a foot high. 

"Something told me that you were hungry." Jacklyn's frown was turned into a smile as the two of them started to dig into the pancakes. Granted, Scarlett was not the biggest fan of sharing food, especially HER pancakes, but she did not want to upset Jacklyn all over again. 

"The guy will meet us here in a few minutes," Scarlett attempted to speak with her mouth full of pancakes, and Jacklyn couldn't help but let out a burst of laughter. Scarlett had to momentarily stop eating and wipe the excess pancake bites off her mouth. She proceeded to take a sip of piping hot coffee and cursed when her tongue got burnt. Scarlett shook her head while she slouched back in her seat; she needed a pancake break.

Jacklyn stuck her tongue out at Scarlett as she continued to plow through the pancakes. Scarlett rolled her head to look outside; it was so eerily dark and quiet. Then again, it was one-something in the dead of the morning. 

Everything was calm. Until Scarlett felt the electric waves pulse through her body. She let out a pain-filled gasp as she wrapped her arms around her body. She could feel Jacklyn's worried gaze on her, and all Scarlett could manage to do was ground her teeth together and bear the pain. She felt like there were electrical pulses being shot all through her body; every single shot of lightning was stronger than the last. Tears flowed from Scarlett's eyes as her nails dug into her skin, blood was flowing down both of her arms. 

Jacklyn rushed over to the other side of the booth and wrapped her coat around Scarlett. She patted her back and told her that everything was going to be okay. But, Scarlett didn't feel like things were getting any better, the pain only seemed to remain the same for the next fifteen minutes. The waitress didn't bother a glance as she smoked a cigarette outside. The chef was scrolling through Instagram on his phone and was completely oblivious to the two panic-stricken girls. 

What seemed to bring Scarlett out of her agony-ridden stance was when the diner door swung open and a concerned Brandon bolted towards the two women. He dragged Jacklyn off of Scarlett and instantly brought her face forward to look at him. 

"What the fuck are you doing?" Scarlett whispered groggily, any energy that she had was being sapped out of her with every electrical current that ran through her. She could see out of the corner of her eye the Jacklyn was attempting to pull Brandon off of her, but the mountain of a man didn't budge.