⁂chapter 20- what happens next?⁂

My eyes widen as I see the tight net cutting into her glistening snowy scales. Arms wrap around me, holding me back, binding me, as the world goes blurry. Thick, wet tears roll down my cheeks, emotions spilling out of me like dripping goo, a strangely empty feeling now creeping up in me.

I yell, and yell, and yell, my words and threats drowned out by the roaring and screeching of dragons.

All I could choke out was "Help.." before (d/n) drifted out of focus.

-??? POV-

Hazy shadows and light shows play in my head, repeating words and flashing lights blinding my closed eyes.

The clicking and hissing of slaughterdijk brought me back to my senses. Jerking my head upwards and spinning in my creaking chair, I gaze at the fresh game, now thrown on the floor. My smirk is wiped off as I see a wounded light fury, one of the last of its kind.

"Where did you get it?!" My tone was thundering and intimidating, the helmeted guard shaking under my wrathful fury. He dared. He dared steal this magnificent beast to bring as a deal?
I laugh maliciously and click my tongue, Slaughtdijk leaping like a hyper bunny on his now knocked over form, dangling his stinger, his saliva dripping down from in-between his large fangs. He grins widely at the sprawled and squirming figure underneath his large, slender stomach, as I pace around the trapped dragon, squatting to pick up the bolas.

I lift the net off, facing away from her worried face and lean my hand out toward her snout. Ten, twenty, thirty seconds pass by and the dragon doesn't respond. 50 ticks by and I feel a scaly mass, a bond, trust formed like lightning.

Clicking my tongue again, Slaughterdijk and the new beast follow me wearily out the room.

                      ***

"What'sss your name?"

"(D/n)"

"Looovely, I caaan't wait to playyy with you."

"Go away. I just want to go home to my master." (D/n) sighs and flops dramatically down, a depressing expression crossing her originally worried face.

"A master is a friend, and friends get lost."

"You'd do anything for your master, wouldn't you?"

The beast pauses to think about this question, before pacing around the drooping mass.

"Yesss. They treatsss me fair."

"Exactly. What shall I call you?"

"You don't need to know my name. You won't be here much longer."

"What-"

"Slaughterdijk, no telling," The strangers voice boomed from the dark. The figure had been listening to the two creatures' conversation for some while, yet it appeared he did not trust the Deathgripper to hold his tongue.

"Ssslaughdijk is a goood boy.. isn't he?"

"Yes, I suppose."

The figure emerged from the ebony black corner, and (d/n) finally got a good look at him.
Raven black hair and shocking blue eyes were noticeable on what seemed like a medium frame. He was wearing a thin robe of leather, clearly a home outfit, and his hands curled around a long curling fang.

"Where did you get that?"

"I have my sources."

"Is that-"

"Your mothers. Yes."

The Deathgripper giggled at the Fury's side.

Dragons truly are wondrous creatures.
Thick skin makes fire a useless weapon and long fangs make approaching one a possibly fatal feat.
Some track, some hunt. Some are big and some are small. Some dragons are bigger than Mount Everest, and some can grow so small, they become invisible to the naked eye. 
Night fury's families are one of the most important things, yet so rare, and therefore have developed a sixth sense, you could call it, where they can detect and object belonging to their line of furies.

"I-I don't understand."

"If you refuse, you'll be dead, and if you fail, he'll have your head..." The Slaughterdijk was enjoying the Light Fury's torment so much, he was rolling on the floor with his devilish laugh.

"What do you want me to do?"

" lure your friends here. Your master and her... 'boyfriend'"

"No. I cannot."

"If you refuse, you'll be dead, and if you fail, he'll have your head..." Slaughterdijk repeated his little rhyme, possibly high with ecstasy.

The strange master smiled maliciously and ticked a line down the giggling dragons stomach.

"Once upon a time, I was a young boy. I watched dragons be slaughtered unjustly by Vikings, most of which were people in my village, kind people. People I thought I knew.
Seeing them so violent scared me, how these beasts could change a man from a caring farmer, to a crazed warrior.
One night, whilst the village fought the dragons to protect livestock, I noticed a dragon battling my father. The very man I had looked up to with my whole soul.
Once I approached, the dragon took off like a frightened bird, but as it did, it left a deep cut in my fathers chest, and left him to wheeze his last words in my arms.
It was tormenting me. Showing me how they really were. All my father could say, was how... how..." the man paused, catching his breath, still tracing lines and circles up and down the Deathgripper's exposed stomach.
"How disappointed he was. That I wasn't a warrior like him. That I wasn't the son he wanted. That I couldn't kill a dragon. Then your friends hop along, preaching that dragons and humans can live together as equals. I want them to suffer, and feel the pain I felt. I want them to realise what you beasts are really like."

"I understand that, but how can I take orders from an unnamed stranger?"

"My bad, where have my manners gone? My name is sephus, and I'm here to make the dragons pay."
——————————————————
A new character!!

What do you think? I tried my hardest to make him interesting but what do you think?

Love you! You're all so beautiful!!

Ender xxx