Chapter 4

Draco's POV
I was slumped, in exhaustion, over the slytherin table. I rubbed my heavy  eyes with my pale hands awaiting McGonagall to give a speech I would hardly care for. It was my father- (I couldn't even call him that anymore) Lucius, making me follow Voldemort that has lead up to my mental fatigue , he drove me to the point of madness. Now he is locked up in a filthy cell in Azkaban with no visits from me nor my mother. Not that he would be pleased to see me anyway, to him I was only a disappointment. Before the war he would remind me of that everyday with curses and beatings that my mother or the house elves were not allowed to heal. He would tell me that he wished I to have not been born. I used to tell myself the same thing.

Now it's different, I'm no longer to do with the dark lord and I can live out my last year of Hogwarts with Blaise. Thank merlin for Blaise, he would do what he could to help me with the murder of Dumbledore, even when he was risking everything. His education, his safety he would tell me it would be alright, I didn't believe him then, but now...

I slowly lifted my head out of my hands and my attention was focused on her eye catching,deep red hair. Ginny Weasley. From my understanding she was weasel-bees younger sister. Now we had only had that interaction  at Lockharts book signing in diagonal alley before my second year at Hogwarts. Apart from that I noticed her beautiful looks when I walked past her in corridors and the fact that she had almost every boy at Hogwarts practically worshiping her ,especially Potter, even Blaise would try and go for her. I realised maybe I was staring a second too long and adverted my gaze to where McGonagall was giving her speech.

I zoned out, only regaining focus when I hear the roars of angry students.

What the hell is going on.

I quickly and repeatedly tapped a very obviously angry Blaise on the shoulder
"Oi, Blaise what's going on."I asked
"I'm going to take it that you weren't paying attention" he shot
"I'm going to let that slide considering I can see how frustrated you are, but why?" I said through gritted teeth, with no patience for his sarcasm in this situation
He sighed and playfully rolled his eyes at me.
"The ministry are reinstating the old  and stupid marriage law"
Lucius always told me to hide behind a mask and to not let my thoughts slip, so I kept a stone face. But this was a shock. I didn't want to get married yet, how dare they put us through a war and then demand us to be be married. They will ship me off with some mudblood like granger or worse.A blood-traitor. I shudder at the thought.
This is ridiculous and barbaric ;forcing me to take a bride when I'm not even sure if I was going to get a girlfriend this year. I certainly was not contemplating marriage!
"My father wil-" I cut myself off acknowledging my mistake.
I wasn't getting out of this one, I always managed too before with my fathers influence but not anymore.
I was to be married with someone I might not have said a word too. My stomach twisted.I was trying to come up with an explanation to this when I thought of how my parents had an arranged marriage and look how well that turned out.

  Now, in pure blood families arranged marriage was dying out but still a thing, but this is totally different. Forcing us to have multiple heirs with someone who could repulse me as much as the Weasleys.
This was not good at all.
__________________________________
Draco better get used to Weasleys if he doesn't want a divorce on his already damaged reputation!
Hope you liked this short POV chapter and thank you to everyone who reads and favourites this book your support is greatly appreciated and I love you all 😘
Cya 😉
-your author