1 | new school

En başından başla

"Aww poor little baby is crying."

I feel my books fall to the ground as I hyperventilate. My wrists are suddenly slammed against the sharp metal lockers. I try to fight off his grip but it was no use.

Before I could scream the guy is ripped off of me. My vision is clouded as I slid my back down the cold lockers. I close my eyes and hear the sound of punching and groaning.

"If you ever bother her again I will kill you." A deep intimidating voice says.

I hear footsteps coming towards me. "Hey are you alright?" He asks. I start to cry even more. I feel a hand touch my arm and I panic. My eyes fly open to see a very handsome man.

He has a well structured face with piercing brown almost black eyes. His thick black hair looked so luscious to run your hands through. I noticed he had tattoos on both of his arms and on his neck. I wonder if those were painful. He was crouched down in front of me with his hand still on my arm.

Stop Ella he's going to hurt you.

My breathing gets shallower so I get on my feet and run away. I hear his voice telling me to wait but I make my way to the nearest bathroom and lock myself in a stall and cry.

Just breathe. You're okay.

I find things I can see, touch, smell, and hear. I do this when I get panic attacks. It works on occasion.

My breathing becomes normal again as I wipe my tears away. I check the time on my phone

8:30 am

Great. I don't even know where my first class is. I exit the stall and my reflection in the mirror is horrendous. My cheeks are bright red and splotchy from crying and my hair was slightly damp from sweating.

I feel okay enough to find my class now. I walk through the door of room 18 and the loud slam turns all eyes on me.

My hands clasp each other in front of my body as everyone in the room stares me down.

"Hello you must be Arabella our new student." The teacher says.

I nod silently.

"Well my name is Mrs. Paige please take a seat."

It was a chemistry class so the workspaces were long black wooden ones with two chairs per table.

I look to see the only available seat is in the back next to a guy wearing a black shirt with tattoos up his sleeves.

I walk quickly and carefully to the back trying not to do anything embarrassing.

Mrs. Paige continues to teach as I sit down. The person next to me lifts his head from the desk and looks over at me.

I internally gasp. It was the same guy that saved me in the hall.

I look down at my notebook biting my lip trying to concentrate on the notes on the board. Throughout the class period I kept feeling his intense stare on my face like he was trying to figure me out.

The fan in the room rolled over to us and I caught a wiff of his scent. He smelled like the most wonderful summer breeze mixed with boy.

Okay sure he smells good whatever.

The bell rings and I jump up from my seat collecting my things and head out the door as fast as possible.

~~~

The rest of the day was boring and long. It was time to walk home. I skip down the front steps of the school building and as I do I make eye contact with the mysterious boy from class.

He was leaning against a black vintage car talking to another guy. I walk past him hurriedly as I break eye contact.

I practically run home to find some peace of mind. I make my way up the stairs to my bedroom and kick my shoes off and plop onto my comforter.

I slowly drift off to take a well deserved nap and I couldn't help but think about those piercing brown eyes.

~~~

I hope you liked the first chapter! Stay tuned for more :)