9

You wake up in Haechan's arms, as a massive headache made you forcefully shut your eyes and painfully groan Haechan stirred around hearing you and he caresses your hair, "Are you okay," His voice was hoarse.

"Just a headache, I think I drank too much yesterday," You rub your eyes. You heard Haechan chuckled and you flutter your eyes open, you saw Haechan with a sweet smile flashing to you as he continuously caressed your hair softly.

"You did, you cried a lot."

Your heart shattered when you remembered yesterday. You drank, dipped your legs in the water, talked to Jisung, and then the cold beach then suddenly, a pair of warm arms engulfed you in a tight hug.

"What made you so sad?" Haechan asked.

Do I remember that right? Haechan's arranged marriage?

"I-I don't remember," That was half true, you weren't sure anymore about what you heard last night. Haechan kissed your forehead, "It's okay. I think Jaemin cooked breakfast already, let's go,"

Haechan helps you to wash your face and you yelped when he sneakily lifts you up bridal style, carrying you to the kitchen downstairs. He was giggling, and he seemed so happy. There is no way what you heard was true.

You saw the boys' faces when Haechan put you down on one of the stools, they almost puke seeing both of you being disgusting in the morning. Your cheeks were crimson red, embarrassed by the sudden attention.

Jaemin passed you a bowl of hangover soup, "You okay?" He asks as he hands you a spoon which you gladly took. You nodded, slowly scooping the soup into your mouth.

You lowered your head, making your hair covering your face but Haechan was fast to tie them with your scrunchie that was on his wrist from last night.

Your heart palpitated at his sudden act.

He is usually this good to you but today, you felt a little bit different. Probably the alcohol still in me. You quickly brush off these feelings as you continue eating in silence while the others talked about the games they played last night.

--

Since the weather is nice, all of you decided to drive around the town, stopping by souvenirs shops, buying soft tofu, taking photos at the tourist attraction places and having lunch together.

Time flies fast when the 6 of you are spending it together, you look at them goofing around and you just have to act like you don't know them because they are embarrassing.

Finally, when they were tired, they decided to retreat back to the penthouse but Jaemin wanted to buy something to cook tonight, so Jeno stopped the van in front of the market. While the rest decided to just wait in the car, you helped Jaemin with buying groceries.

Jaemin was picking up some vegetables while you followed him around. You noticed Jaemin seemed distant with you right after breakfast, that's the reason why you followed him. Wanting to reconcile with him, if he is hurt with you in any other way. Well, you were drunk yesterday.

As Jaemin handed the chicken to the lady so it could be chopped right away, you tugged on Jaemin's sleeve, earning some attention from him. He raised a brow.

"Are you upset with me or something?" You asked him, which he just smiled.

"No, I'm not." He turned to the lady again and paid for the chicken. "I think you are avoiding me today. Usually, you would be clingy with me," You bit your lips, looking at his reaction.

Jaemin thanked the lady as he took the plastic and continued walking. You sigh, following him from the back. Jaemin suddenly turns around, looking you straight in the face.

"If ever, someone hurt you, I won't forgive myself," Jaemin said.

Both of you stared into each other's eyes for a moment before Jaemin turned back and continued searching for groceries he needed.

Hurt me?

Forgive himself?

You couldn't connect the dots but when you realized Jaemin was out of sight, you quickly walked searching for him in every shop to find him. Thanks to his blue hair, you managed to find him in the pork section.

--

The boys had lit a bonfire outside to have a barbecue while Jaemin and you prepared the ingredients inside. You haven't talked to Jaemin ever since earlier and both of you worked around awkwardly.

Jeno came into the kitchen, witnessing the tense atmosphere. He frowned, "The boys are so noisy outside and both of you seem so calm inside," Jeno crossed his arms. Jaemin looks at him, pulling a small smile, "Is the fire ready?"

Jeno nodded at that and Jaemin quickly brought the ingredients outside, not forgetting to order Jeno around, "Bring the lettuce and bowls with you!"

Jeno looked at you as you untie the apron, sighing sadly. "Did something happen?" Jeno curiously asked and you just shook your head, "We're good, let's go. They are probably starving," You said soullessly as you carried the utensils and marshmallows.

Jaemin and Haechan grilled the meat, and Mark started playing his guitar because it would be a disaster if he helped the boys.

Jeno and Renjun who were busy setting up the place, noticed you were gone. Looking around, they spotted you on the swing, far away from them while scrolling through your phone and replying to Jisung's text. Somehow, you don't feel excited anymore. Your mood was ruined.

You remembered how yesterday you were so broken while drinking beer. Upset with everything that gone wrong during the trip.

Both of them walked to you and you noticed them coming. "Yoojin, are you really okay?" Renjun asks as he puts his hands on your shoulder as he crouches down in front of you. They heard you sigh again.

"Are you guys hiding anything from me?" You cup your face in your hands, you were close to tears. You hate these roller-coaster emotions. You swore you were happy this morning.

Renjun and Jeno were silent as they looked at each other. Contemplating to tell or not.

But before anything, you heard a commotion from the other three at the pool and you rushed over. Looking around, you couldn't find Haechan.

"Where's Hae-"

"I have to go! This is really an emergency," Haechan shouted, running from inside the house to grab his coat and car keys. You frowned, how many times would he stand all of us up, ruining everything.

You managed to grab his wrist when he passed by you to run to his car. "What's wrong?" You asked, suddenly feeling that it was unfair.

"Why now out of all the times you are free," You burst as you were remembered by how he almost ruined this trip but then you saw the bullets of sweat forming on his forehead and tears in his eyes.

"My dad is in the ER" Haechan said, as he looked at you. He carefully pushed your hands from his wrist as he rushed over to his car, starting up the engine.

You stood there in shock, but quickly sprinted over to his car. Opening the door to the passenger seat and Haechan looked at you as curiosity washed over him.

"I'll come with you,"

I should be there when everything goes wrong for him, just like he did.