He tasted the ocean. It tasted like fear.

A/N: I finally wrote something down! I don't know if it was any good, but it's a thing. I wrote this while listening to Fear, by Sleeping at Last. I highly recommend there music, it's beautiful.

___
The light that bounces off your face in this moment, will travel the world for millions of years after you die.

Do you ever have that moment when you're sick, where you think, how could I have not realized how good it is to be healthy?

And then you vow to not take your health for granted ever again.

And then a day later, you forget, and do it all over again.

Well, Peter didn't think he was going to take life for granted. Ever again.

His body plunged into the ice cold water.

Peter twisted and turned, trying to get himself untangled from the parachute that was supposed to save him.

He slowly felt his finger become numb.

He wondered when everything would become numb from the cold, and he couldn't struggle anymore.

Peter's lungs burnt, and Peter would cry if he could, but he couldn't. He had to get out of the water.

Slowly Peter realized he wasn't getting out.

Peter felt the salty, frozen water filling his body as he fell slowly to the bottom of the water.

Suddenly, nothing hurt anymore. He wasn't cold anymore. And all he could hear was the slow beating of his heart.

Why did I take life for granted?

I can't leave May alone.

Someone save me.

She can't lose someone else.

After everything? I can't leave her.

Peter closed his eyes, completely giving up. No one was coming to get him. Know one knew where he was. He was about to die.

I feel strangly calm for someone who's dying.

Suddenly, Peter felt a jolt of cold air, and ache.

After a moment, he felt water scratching through his throat as he coughed violently.

"Kid! Kid!" A voice said, "Stay with me, I'm getting help. Gosh, Tony would kill me if you don't survive!"

Peter didn't have the strength to open his eyes.

His shoulders hurt, like daggers shooting through his body, and now his chest burnt like a forest fire.

"Oh my gosh, okay, Happy's here, can you walk kid- what am I saying, you can't walk, you can't even open your eyes."

Peter then felt himself being picked up in someone's arms.

Breathing hurt. Part of him, almost wished he had been left in the ocean, because it didn't hurt then.

Peter tried to open his eyes. He couldn't. He was too weak. Breathing was hard. Everything hurt. He couldn't open his eyes. He couldn't even speak. He was completely vulnerable, in some strangers arms.

It would be terrifying, but Peter didn't even have the strength to be scared.

"He isn't opening his eyes Happy! He isn't even responding. He's just barely breathing, I don't know if he's going to make it!" The person said.

Am I still dying?

Peter tried to let them know he was there, and he could hear there distant voices.