"Oh~ damn!" you exclaimed. "I've always wanted to visit America! I'm so excited!"
"Not you."
"Huh?" you turned towards him.
"You're staying here."
Everyone went quiet, feeling the sudden and complete shift of atmosphere. You stared at Senku, who was staring back with a cold, almost authoritary expression.
"...what?" you repeated, still smiling because you had a hard time processing what was happening.

"With treasure island being inhabited, the probability of other lands being inhabited as well remains. Though very slim, we can't risk it. Not forgetting the fact that yeah, things could get out of hands if bad dudes are mixed in. Until we're sure it's safe, you stay here."
His voice was monotone and devoid of emotion. The others were familiar with it, but it was the first time you heard him talking like this.
"...What?" your face fell.
He didn't say anything.

"But...Didn't Ryu said you guys needed me?" you gestured towards the young man.
He didn't say anything either, knowing he had no place in this conversation.
"We'll find some other ways to entertain the crew." Senku said.
"But, but why me-?" you cut yourself off, realizing what his deal was. You suddenly frowned.  "Oh my god are you fuckin serious?!"
"What?"
"Don't you play dumb with me! You're trying to 'protect me'," you air quoted those two words. "after what happened on treassure island!"
"I'm just thinking logically-"
"Oh don't even! You're clearly being all emotional about it and you're covering it with some bullshit logic!"

"...I'm just thinking logically," he slowly repeated, frowning and his eyes narrowed. He clearly didn't like being cut off. "and doing what's best for everyone."
"WHA-?!" you stopped yourself. You would've just exploded otherwise, with what he was implying here. Weither he wanted to imply it or not, you didn't care. "Okay first of all! I don't know if you remember, but YOU revived me, YOU were the one who came up with this whole plan! I was in my corner being a statue! YOU dragged me into this! Since the beginning!" you leaned closer.
"Oh don't act like you didn't want to the first time!"
"Okay maybe! But that's not the problem her-!"
"You're right! That isn't the problem! The problem is that whenever we're in a dangerous situation, we come up with a plan and evertime you step in -or even step out!- you manage to put yourself into deeper shit!"
"Um! Last time I checked, it's not like it really bothered anybody-!"
"It did! And you never seem to learn a damn thing from it!" he ran a hand thought his hair in frustration. "For fuck sake why are you always so reckless?! Why can't you just stay in your god damn place?!"

Your eyes widden. Silence finally fell. The others looked back and forth between you the two of you, feeling the heavy tension in the room. You spun around and walked out with big steps.
"Oh-ho~." Gen mumbled. "Trouble in paradise~."
Though he wasn't there for most of the time, and he didn't necessarily had a say in this. Tsukasa followed you, he couldn't bear to see you like this. Senku turned back to the globe and kept explaining the plan like nothing happened.

Tsukasa followed you to your storage where your instruments were. Even if he had lost track of you, he would've found you eventually, because you started to play drums. From the sound alone, anyone could tell you were passing your frustration through. He was pretty sure Senku and the others could hear you. He wanted to say something, but he knew you wouldn't be able to hear him, plus you needed a moment, so he waited for you to finish.
After a while, you stopped, breathing deeply and firmly gripping your drumsticks.

"...Senku has always been a logical man." he spoke. "So, if he lost his cool, it must have meant a lot to him."
You turned towards him and threw one of the drumsticks, knowing he'd effortlessly catch it. He did.
"It pisses me off!" you exclaimed. "Like I get you wanna protect me by going without me! But like what?! You don't trust me?! I'm a big girl! Everytime I was in danger, I-I managed!" your eyebrows furrowed and you looked down, knowing that what you said wasn't entirely true.
After all if Senku hadn't revived Hyouga, you would've just get kidnapped by Mozu again. You sighed.
"I know I'm reckless, I know I always get in trouble..." you placed a hand on your forehand, hiding your eyes. "But that's... that's why I have to go. I have to prove myself, not just to him but to me too."

As you were trying not to get too overwhelmed in front of Tsukasa, he thought for a moment. He walked up to you and placed the drumstick on one of the drum. You looked up at him, he was smiling gently.
"Come with me." he said, gesturing with his chin for you to follow him.
You were confused, but still placed the second drumstick with the first one and followed him.

He led you back to the tent. At this point, it was getting dark and everybody left, only Senku, Ryu and Gen were there. When you stepped in, the three of them looked at you, though Senku only glanced to the side. Tsukasa stared at him.

"She's going." he calmly said.
"I said no." Senku replied, just as calm.
"Don't worry, if anything happens to her, or if she causes any trouble, I'll take full responsibility."
"What do you mean?"
"Yeah, what *do* you mean?" you looked up at him.
"She's not going as an entertainer." he placed a hand on your shoulder. "She's going as my apprentice."
"What?!" both Senku and you said, you said it louder though.

"I'm going to teach you how to fight." he smiled at you.
Your heart squeezed. Your covered your mouth to not squeal in excitement as you slowly inhaled.
"Oh my god Tsukasa you beautiful beast!" you jumped to wrap your arms around his neck, saying the first compliment that came to mind.
"Wha-?!" he blushed intensely as he held you so you wouldn't fall.

Meanwhile, Gen was glancing at Senku to see his reaction. He was staring at the two of you, but seemed completely unfazed.
"Perfect!" Ryusui smiled. "Now there's no reason why she can't go with us, now that Tsukasa's her mentor!" he turned towards Senku.
You looked at him after you let go of Tsukasa. You both made brief eye contact before he looked away.
"Sure."
"Yes!" you closed your fist in victory.

Then you left with Tsukasa to get ready, and the three young men continued their discussion. Gen would still glance at Senku from time to time.

But it's not like there was anything to see through. Senku was completely okay with the outcome of this situation.
There has been a problem, a solution came up and now there's no more problem, it's cool. It's fine. You get to go with them it's cool. All good and dandy.
"Ooo boy." Gen whispered.
He couldn't help but smile in front of such drama.