Guess who's back!

You called Magma every name you could think of when you saw that he hit Kinrou from behind, breaking Suika's helmet in pieces and knocking him out.

"How is that not a violation of the rules?!" you exclaimed after Jasper announced the winner.
"The match wasn't technically over when he did it." Senku explained.
"That's bullshit!"
"Calm down, it can't be help. Besides he took a considerable amount of damage in this fight, that is the most important thing."
You groaned, but didn't say anything.

"Second match! Chrome, Mantle, come forward!"
"Oh me?!" Chrome got startled.
"The problem is what comes next." Senku continued. "If Kohaku doesn't return by the time this match is over, she'll be disqualified."
"So you gotta go slow alright man?" you looked at Chrome.
"I know, I'll extent this fight as long as possible."
"Good, now go go go!"

After that badass fight, and knowing it was Chrome versus a piece of shit, your standards weren't that high. But even then you felt very underwhelmed. They looked like kids in kindergarden.
Then suddenly, the little bugger (who you refused to consider as a human being) let himself fall on the ground and cried mercy.
"The winner is Chrome!" Jasper announced.

Senku clicked his tongue and you looked back at the bridge. You gasped when you saw Kohaku in the distance, running over.
"Oh girl come on! Come on!"
"Due to Kohaku's absence, the winner of the third match...is Senku!"
"She's right over there!" you said, but knowing it was useless to protest just frustrated you. "Oh my god!"

"Suika!" she fell on her knees once she joined you guys, completely out of breath.
"Kohaku! You just barely missed the fight!" Chrome said.
"I'm sorry!" the little girl ran up to her. "I got captured by Mantle-"
"I'm so glad!" she held her in her arms. "I'm so glad that Mantle was lying after all! I'm glad you didn't drown, that's all I care about!"
Suika got emotional over Kohaku's compassion for her and got teary eyes.

"God dammit Kohaku..." you mumbled.
"You're still mad at me?" she looked up at you after letting go of Suika.
"I mean, of course not." you sighed, your eyebrows furrowed. "You were doing this for Suika, and you did what you believed was the right thing. I can't be mad at that. It's just that-" you sighed, running a hand through your hair.
Kohaku smiled and stood up, understanding that you were just frustrated.

"Now that our final line of defense is done... The only battle power that the Kingdom of Science has left...is you." he looked over to the blond young man. "The guardian Ginrou!"
"Yes! Okay boy! You got this!"

"Does he have any chance of beating Magma?" Chrome whispered to Kohaku.
"To be honest, it's gonna be pretty rough..."
"Shut up!" you waved your hands around. "We don't need your bad vibes right now! Like, I am clinging for some hope right now, so please!"

"Don't worry (Y/n), in this village games of schemes, it's not necessarily the strongest who will win!" Ginrou exclaimed and pointed at his stuffed cheek. "Haven't you all been dying to know what I had in my mouth this whoooole time?!"
"I mean, it's pretty obvious."
"Those are the raw ingredients from Senku power up drink right?!" Chrome said.
"What are you, a chipmunk, storing those for the long winter?" Senku raised an eyebrow.
"I was still stuffing them right before the village games began!"
"And he's proud of it too..." you mumbled, still trying to cling onto the little hope you had.

"Fourth match! Ginrou, Argo, walk forward!"
"Is it even good for him? Eating the ingredients raw?" you leaned closer to Senku.
"It'll just give him an awful stomachache." he smiled. "But in such a situation, it's just best not to say anything."

After swallowing everything stuffed in his cheeks, Ginrou became more wobbly. But when he attacked, his speed has greatly improved and he hit his opponent a bunch of times.
"Just so I'm clear on this, it didn't improve his strength right?" you asked Senku.
"He's just totally amped from his first experience with caffeine." he said. "Be it a wrong assumption or convinced otherwise, it's not even one millimeter of a bad thing."