Forever with Boys (4)

So hey, I'm uploading again. I know I said it may take me a few days to recover, but i read your comments, and that brought a smile to my face so i was suddenly in the mood to write as a thank you for all your support and everything else :) I even read zach the comments you wrote about him and he was really flattered you thought so highly of him and he told me that he was always gonna be there for me :) so yeah, thanks.. and im glad you guys agree that my EX boyfriend is a [insert any bad word of choice]! so enjoy!

Oh, and i'm starting to write a new series about high school. i won't upload that (if i do decide to) until i finish this story because i wanna focus mainly on this one, but do tell me what you think and if i should or not..

“Hi, I’m Ever.”

“Hey, I’m Ever.”

“Ever here.”

“Yeah, I am Ever.”

For the past hour, I had been practicing in the mirror of what’d I say. I had a whole plan planned out. I’d reintroduce myself. I was going to not be shy, even if it hurt just to change that.

I even had a whole new outfit. It’s nothing that special, just a high waisted floral skirt that I’d tuck a white Vneck into. It was something out of the ordinary, and it showed off my tan legs.

“Ever, Ian is here,” my mom called from downstairs. I smiled.

I ran downstairs and immediately caught sight of Ian. I squealed and jumped into his waiting arms. I felt him chuckle.

“I missed you too,” he said.

“I haven’t seen you in a month!” I cried in horror.

You’re probably wondering why I’m so comfortable around him and he’s not family. I guess it’s because I grew up around him. He’s technically my cousin. But not through blood. My uncle Kaden and his wife Malika found out that they couldn’t have children. So they adopted. They found Ian when he was 3 almost 4, which was a bit older than the usual. They fell in love with him instantly. They adopted him and so now he’s apart of the family. So I guess he is my cousin but he’s more my friend.

Uncle Kaden and Aunt Malika used to live near us so me and Ian would always hang out since he’s about a year older than me, and we’re closer in age. But last year, they moved, so it was a long time before I saw them again.

“Oh Ever, you’ve grown.” I turned around and saw Aunt Malika. I smiled. I’ve always loved her. She was so bubbly. Also something I’d like to be.

“Hey Aunt Malika,” I said. She smiled, but then frowned.

“You shouldn’t call me ‘Aunt Malika’ just Malika. You make me feel old,” she said. I laughed.

“You can never be old, Malika,” I said. She smiled.

“You always know the right thing to say, Ever,” she said. Then she turned to my mom.

“Can I take Ever away? She’s the daughter I’ve always wanted,” Aunt Malika said. My mom smiled.

“Aren’t you happy with Ian?” my mom asked.

“Of course, he’s my baby too, but I just love Ever much too much,” Aunt Malika said, which made me grin.

“Mom, you shouldn’t say things like that, her head is enlarging as we speak,” Ian said. I frowned and playfully slapped him in the chest.

“Jerk,” I muttered.

“Only for you,” he sang. I smiled.

“Well, go play kids,” my mom said, shooing us away. I followed Ian up to my room.

“So, do you still hang out with that one girl?” Ian asked, blushing slightly. I smirked. I always knew Ian had a crush on Addie. But Addie, being Addie, is totally oblivious.

“Addie?” I asked. He nodded. “Oh yeah, she’s still my best friend. And your crush.”

He looked at me, alarmed. “Am I obvious?” he asked.

I shrugged. “To anyone who’s not oblivious like Addie,” I said. “But don’t worry, I don’t think anyone else knows.”

He smiled and sighed out of relief.

“So you want to hang out with her?” I asked.

He shook his head. “No way!”

“Ah, who would’ve thought that Ian is a shy little boy,” I teased. He shook his head.

“Fine, call her,” he said. And so I did.

About 30 minutes later, we were at her house hanging out.

“So Ian, you’re back,” Addie said. She was okay with Ian, unlike most boys. But that didn’t mean she was suddenly going to jump him and confess her love for him either. Addie just wasn’t like that.

“Yeah, just to visit,” Ian said. He seemed totally calm talking to Addie. Something I wished I could be with Luke, or any boy for that matter.

“That’s cool,” Addie said with a nod then she turned to me. “What do you want to do?”

I shrugged. “Anything,” I said.

So we went out to the pool. This time, I was alert, just in case Luke was around to throw me in the water. But Addie kept reassuring me that he and his group of friends were out somewhere, and wouldn’t be here. After awhile I believed her and just stuck my feet in the pool as I watched Addie and Ian swim around.

Ian was throwing glances at Addie lovingly every 2 seconds. But Addie had her eyes closed and was just swimming on her back, not noticing anything. I smiled. That was so sweet.

I was kind of like Ian. I liked someone. Luke. But he was oblivious to those feelings. He was oblivious to me.

I sighed and just walked over and laid on the towel and closed my eyes. I went to a world where I wasn’t unnaturally shy and where Luke didn’t think I was freak, and liked me like I liked him.

My hands were spread out on the ground and then my hand fell in contact with something. I picked it up and opened my eyes. I smiled as I saw it was the Ray Ban’s I got Declan. At least I knew he used it.

*Noticed how Ever wanted to be like a lot of people?

Is she ever going to be like them?

Vote.Comment.Fan.*