Bright Lights

AN- I have been needing to update for a time now, but since it's Christmas I might as well do a holiday special.

This something I just came up with so don't judge.

Hope you love.

I own nothing. Sadly.

------------------Murry-Christmas-----------------

A dark figure jumped from building to building, trying to clear his mind. This was his first Christmas without someone there.

His parents had died all those years ago, Bruce, Dick hadn't heard from him in months, and Jason- he's gone. Jay was murdered by that stupid clown in April. (Not really sure but that's seems accurate)

No parents. No mentor. No brother.

Tim was busy with the Titans, having connected with Conner and Bart quickly after joining the team.

And after a failing out with Wally and another with Starfire, that lead Dick to take a leave of absence from the team.

So no Teen Titans.

Barbara, best friend forever, was also not an option this year.

She has a new boyfriend after breaking up with him. She said that he wasn't taking it seriously, that he was focusing more on hero work than their relationship. And she has her own family.

No one needs him around for Christmas.

But that doesn't mean he doesn't.

Nightwing suddenly stopped on the building he had just landed on. Tears were blurring his visions, his whole body was shaking. Why does everyone have to leave him? What did he do wrong?

A darker figure landed behind Nightwing. With gloved hands, it roughly grabbed the young man's shoulder and spun him around.

"Dick?"

Dick's eyes widened behind the mask at the manor before him. His father was here. Why was here? He thought nobody wanted him.

"Why didn't you come to the manor? It's Christmas." Bruce's deep yet soothing voice rang in Dick's ears for a moment before the words finally connected.

"But... I thought-"

Bruce saw the look on his son's face and knew exactly what he was thinking. "Dick, I don't care how you might think we feel, or even if we do feel that way, which we don't, always come home for Christmas. I'll always be there for you, Dick. I know it's hard, but you'll get through this. I promise you."

Dick burst into tears, creating tear-stains on his father's uniform.

After a few minutes of comforting, the two made there way back to Gotham for Christmas.

-------Christmas------BTR-------Beautiful------

When the two, now civilian dressed, walked through the grandfather clock that hid the entrance to the glorious batcave.

When Dick and Bruce walked out they were surprised, the former was anyway, to see a group of festive people gathered in the living room partying on Christmas Eve.

Tim, Stephanie, Barbara, Wally, Roy, Alfred, and Selina had all stopped their fun and games to stare at the pair (hehe) that had just come in.

"Dick? You came! I'm so glad Bruce found you!"

"Dude! We were so worried about you!"

"Good to see you Pixie Boots,"

"Hey big bro!"

"It's great to see you, Master Richard,"

Dick walked up to everyone, excepting hugs where they were given and greeting back.

This Christmas wasn't turning out as bad as he had thought.

After the games and laughs, Dick made his way, with a glass of regular egg nog in hand, to the enormous tree. He scanned it, looking at its wonderful decoration.

Bruce came up to him, laying a hand around his shoulder.

"I know it's hard without him, but you still have all of us. We won't forget him. Never. But he'd want you to move on, for him. Okay?"

Dick looked over at his father. "Okay, dad. I'll try."

The dynamic duo walked away from the beautiful tree and its bright lights.

This was going to be a great Christmas.

-------------BRIGHTLIGHTSBIGCITY-----------

AN- I hope you like it. It is probably horribly written but I don't really care. Merry Christmas!!

Don't forget about Jesus.

Christmas is about when he's born. Remember what he did for us. For you.

Merry Christmas