Yet, that all went downhill when Mina got a boyfriend. Of course, considering her sugary sweet personality and upbeat demeanor, it was bound to happen someday. She started spending less time with you, which was something you considered to be normal. You're supposed to spend time with your significant other you supposed.

But the only problem—he was a jerk. A huge asshole. He was in your class. And his name? Bakugou Katsuki. He was constantly glaring at you, and he looked like he was mentally choosing which weapon would do the quickest and best job of murdering you, so it wasn't hard to figure out that he was not fond of you. The reason being was not obvious though, your guess was that he was very clingy and required the attention of his girlfriend 24/7. Or perhaps not, because he seems to hate everyone and anyone. What could you do about it though? Nothing, so you decided to not care.

"Hey, Mina, sit with us instead." Ah yes, speak of the devil.

You rolled your eyes and paid no mind to him. But when your bestfriend had got up and apologized to you while walking away, you felt a mix of emotions. Mina just left you like that for her rude boyfriend? For the third time in a row? This was getting very old, very fast.

For a second, you swore on the fact that he seemed satisfied to take Mina's time with you. His ugly scowling returned as he walked off with his friends. Out of the corner of your eye, you could see a group of girls from another class staring and whispering in your direction. One of them looked foreign, with blonde hair and a messy uniform. You didn't want anyone's attention or pity, and this further ruined your day.

Just as you were about to finish your lunch on your own outside, three of your classmates waved and called you over. It was Yaoyorozu, Jirou, and Hagakure. They were also some of your close friends, who probably saw what just went down. You sighed, starting to walk over to their table.

"Hey guys. Thanks for inviting me over. Mina totally ditched me back there.."

"No problem! That was so uncool of her!" Hagakure said.

"Yeah. If you ever need to talk, we're here for you." Yaoyorozu said, Jirou smiling and nodding next to her.

You slightly smiled, thankful that you had people with common decency to hangout with.

After chatting a bit with the ladies, it seemed like time was going by pretty fast. All of your afternoon classes seemed like a mere blur to you, and soon enough school was dismissed. Luckily for you, you got to walk home with Mina since her boyfriend lived in the opposite direction. [Name]: 1, Bakugou: 0.

You talked a bit with your bestfriend, looking at the sun in the far distance. It was only 3:47.

"Hey, do you want to go get some ice cream?" You asked, your voice a bit hesitant.

Mina looked at you, with an infectious smile. She took her time to nod quite a few times, with an exciting spark lit in her eyes. You laughed slightly, patting her head.

While nearing the ice cream shop, you could already smell the frozen treats and waffle cones. You sighed in delight, closing your eyes while the delicious aromas wafted in the air.

You both arrived, standing in line to order. You both had decided on a flavor and proceeded to pay and sit down with an exaggerated yawn. Mina was chatting away about Bakugou again, no surprise there. You faintly sighed, growing bored of hearing the same topic repeatedly. Eyes drifting elsewhere around the small shop, you saw that everyone else seemed to be enjoying themselves.

All except for you.

This always seems to happen. You and Mina, speaking about familiar interests, yet it somehow drifts into her boyfriend. You didn't mind her talking about him from time to time, yet this was becoming a constant pain in the ass. And your ass was already tired enough from hero training. You didn't need more ass pain.

!

'What a tiring day..'

Stretching your limbs, you took off your blazer and bag, eye lids threatening to close any moment now.  Physical fights and academic stress seems to be taking a toll on you. Not only that, but Mina slowly drifting away was a little saddening. It should've been expected, people change and it's inevitable unfortunately. With a wave of sleepiness overtaking your being, you change out of your uniform and put it in the laundry.

Furthering your boredom and low energy, somehow you end up scrolling through social media on your laptop. After hours of mindless searching, you stumbled upon Bakugou's page. 'Ugh, great. This guy again.' Looking through his posts, all you saw was photos of him and Mina. Sometimes even him and all of his friends.

When you saw a picture of him and Mina hugging and being all sappy, that's when you almost throw your laptop. 'Disgusting...' you thought. Quickly closing your computer without a second thought, you heard the door open and close.

"(Nickname!) I'm home! Sweetie?" Your aunt called out to you.

"Welcome back Auntie! Coming!" You shouted back, trotting down the wooden steps.

"Hey there hun. How was school?" She asked, pinching your (skin/color) cheeks.

"It was good. How was work?" You asked, grabbing a mug for your aunt as she got the coffee machine ready.

"Gosh, don't even get me started! My co-worker spilled milk all over me, and my manager even decided that it was time for..." you listened to her rant about her work life, sounding very annoyed.

Your aunt was a hardworking woman. She was always there for you when your parents had finally got fed up with raising a small child. Your aunt, also known as Aunt Mae, had never or would do anything to hurt a soul, and she worked endlessly not to mention. Though she never complained about having to care for her sister's kid, it was apparent that it could be quite a drag at times, especially due to the fact that you were now a teenager.

"And so that's my day. Any specific things you want to tell me about what happened or..?" She finished, grabbing her mug from the coffee machine.

"Not much. Mina ditched me for her dumb boyfriend, and kept talking about him, but I guess it was fine because we went out for ice cream."

"That dude must suck, huh? You always make him sound like an asshole." Auntie Mae chuckled.

"Because he is!" You cried, crossing your arms in frustration.

She chuckled again. "Okay, okay. But if he ever gets between you and your girlfriends, let me at him."

You smiled, appreciating her little warning.. You walked out of the kitchen and back to your room. There was nothing to do but flop down and whine. Or just rest. 11:32 pm. Had it really gotten that late that fast?

You decided some good old sleep would be the cure to your troubles, so you huddle into the covers, head nestled on the sheets of your pillow. Yet, you were awake for a while, and each toss and turn was just frustrating.. It seemed you could only think about one thing right now, which was not sleep.

It was Mina.