i

Alasdair winced when he pulled the shirt over his head, at the same time Alasdair got his leg chopped off, he hurt his shoulder in the same fight, now he has two permanent injures from that fight

Alasdair winced when he pulled the shirt over his head, at the same time Alasdair got his leg chopped off, he hurt his shoulder in the same fight, now he has two permanent injures from that fight. Alasdair knew he was considered useless without his leg, and since his arm is hurt too he begged the Grandmaster not to be killed, he had a niece to look after, Alasdair was lucky that the Grandmaster agreed, he even gave Alasdair and Verity a spot in the box.

Alasdair didn't envision this life for him and Verity, having taken Verity under his wing she was a baby, he wanted better for her. Alasdair along with Verity and Alasdair brother, Evander fled there home planet of Vanaheim, and landed on Sakaar. They haven't regretted the choice exactly but they wish they landed on another one of Nine Realms instead.

"Uncle Alas?" A voice pipped up next to him.

"Yes Sweetheart?" Alasdair patted his lap and Verity with Alasdair's help sat down. 

"Is Uncle Evander fighting today?" Verity asks swinging her legs slightly.

"Yes he is, I'm not sure who he's fighting but let's hope he wins eh." Alasdair bounces Verity making her giggle, Alasdair places his chin on top of Verity's head, hugging her tightly, Alasdair didn't like the fact that Verity at the age of 13 had to see so much blood already, so many deaths, and at the hands of her uncles too, but Verity never feared them, she often helped to wipe the blood away after matches.

"Shall we go?" Alasdair motions for Verity to get off his lap, she does and when Alasdair stands up Verity grabs Alasdair's hand gently as it's the one that is injured, unlike his leg which is a robot leg as Verity calls it, Alasdair's hand is just a mess of cramps of pain for him, it shakes when Alasdair has a very bad pain day as the whole family calls it.

Alasdair and Verity walk slowly to the watch box, like always Topaz, the Grandmasters guard is waiting by the door, Alasdair nods at Topaz but she just moves her mouth up in disgust and opens the door.

It was already packed but it seems Grandmaster made room for Alasdair and Verity next to him in the front row.

Verity giggles and drops Alasdair's hand to run over to the seat trying to see if Evander is out yet, which he isn't.

"Hello Grandmaster." Alasdair bows to the man urging Verity to do the same which she does but then sits down.

"Hello Alasdair, I believe your brother is next if that's what you're wondering." The Grandmaster says, his eyes moving to watch Alasdair sit down next to Verity.

"Thank you, who is he fighting?" Alasdair watches as Verity leans on the glass trying to get a better look.

"Someone named Na'Vi." Grandmaster looks at Topaz for confirmation and she nods.

Alasdair says a quick pray to the Gods that Na'Vi dies so Evander can live for one more day.

||

The fight was long and hard but Evander won, so to celebrate they're in their chambers drinking, Verity isn't here of course she's being taken care of.

"Did I do good?" Evander mutters asking the two women naked beside him.

"Of course you did Evander." The two women giggle but stop when Scrapper 142 came in the suite with a bottle of alcohol with her.

"Ladies, can I have the room?" Scrapper 142 drunkenly says swaying a little bit.

The ladies roll there eyes but get up and grab their clothes running out of the room, Alasdair sighs in relief.

"Now why did you do that?" Evander moans unhappily slamming his head back on the pillow.

"Your brother was uncomfortable with watching his brother make out with two women." Scrapper 142 fires back taking a chugging her drink and walking out the door she entered through leaving the two brothers alone.

"You can always have your own woman Alas." Evander groans as he gets up moving his stiff muscles from the fight, he's been cleaned by the medics so he no longer has blood on him.

"Evander, we've had this conversation many times, yes I flirt with everyone but I want to have a relationship with someone real, not just a hookup." Alasdair was explaining, the two brothers heard some commotion outside of their suite, they looked down the hall and saw Hulk walking which means he was going to be fighting some poor soul that would no doubt lose, Alasdair shuddered at the thought of Evander fighting Hulk, he hopes that never would happen because Evander would without a doubt lose.

"I just want you to be happy Alas." Evander grabbed a shirt that was on the floor and put it on.

"I am happy Ander, very happy." Alasdair smiled, he was only lying a little bit and Evander knew that but he let it slide, Alasdair bid his brother goodbye and sought out trying to find Verity.

Alasdair was walking in the hallway towards Verity's suite, he peeked into the room to find Verity in bed sleeping, Alasdair smiled and quietly walked into the room kissing Verity on the forehead.

"Uncle Alas?" Verity says quietly rolling over to her side.

"Shh, go back to sleep sweetheart." Alasdair begins rubbing Verity's back to ease her back to sleep again.

When Alasdair was sure she was asleep he quietly made his way to his own suite, he saw his bed was made and ready for him, he took his shirt off and pants liking to sleep in his underwear.

He was about to get into bed when he saw something falling from the sky.

Alasdair ran to get close to see what it was from his window, he couldn't make anything out.

He furrowed his brows and shrugged, he's sure it was nothing and if it was he would find out what it is tomorrow.

Alasdair slipped into bed and brought the covers up to his chest, he sighed, tomorrow Evander gets a break from fighting so he has to make the most of it, in case it's Evanders last day.

NOTE:

NOTE:

Gasp! What did Alasdair see???

Also you can see that Alasdair loves his family and is constantly worried Evander will die fighting one day.

I hope you guys enjoyed the first chapter of No Happy Endings, it's gonna be a wild ride!