one big happy family

A month had passed and school was let out over Christmas break, allowing the Lozer's club to constantly be together as a group. They had agreed that instead of spending the break in their boring old town a better option would be to take a trip to Dawn's family's cabin for a week. The only problem with the plan was that most of their parents were adamant about being killjoys, specifically Eddie's.

"She said that after the stunt I pulled when Bev was taken that she can't trust me anymore," He explained as they all sat in the diner.

Dawn nodded, sipping her milkshake, "That's ok Eds, we'll just go next year."

"Fuck it, let's go anyway."

"We can't leave Eddie here while we go have fun," Mike explained to the boy with glasses. He was a kind person, always looking out for everyone.

"So let's bring him," Richie said nonchalantly, shrugging as he sat back into the booth with crossed arms.

"But my mom said-"

"I don't give a single fuck what your mom said, Eddie. If you want to come with us, then you come. We'll hide you in the trunk if we have to."

The small boy nodded with a stern look on his face and took a bite of a handful of fries nervously.

"Don't worry about her, man. What's the worst she can do? You helped kill a bitch clown that was munching on the kids in this town like fucking candy. Her biggest achievement is most pounds put on in a single hour," The young teen comforted her distraught friend.

Richie let out a loud belch, patting his stomach proudly. Dawn groaned quietly and shoved his shoulder lightly, pushing him away from her and almost into Ben's lap.

"Hello Ben, darling, what can I do for you?" Richie mocked in an obviously fake British accent

"Get the fuck off of me dill hole."

The lanky boy crossed his arms in protest and pouted heavily.

"Puppy dog eyes don't work when you aren't cute Richie," Stan pointed out.

"Oh, I get it, you guys fucking suck. I'm the trash mouth here!" He pointed exaggeratingly at his own chest, "Me!"

This had attracted the attention of a waitress who proceeded to stalk over to the large group of teenagers. She tapped Dawn on the shoulder, "I'm very sorry but you need to keep your voices down or I'm gonna ask you to leave."

The younger girl nodded sweetly, putting on her best 'innocent' look.

"You see, that's how you do puppy dog eyes," Eddie explained to the four-eyed friend after the snarky woman had resumed doing her job.

.....

"I can't believe you got us kicked out, Tozier."

The teens had piled into the car Richie had borrowed from his dad for the holidays, grumpy and over the boy's big mouth.

"It's not my fault! I was just trying to have a good time, and none of you told me that I shouldn't eat eleven salt packets at the same time. That's what good friends would do," He whined in the passenger seat.

Bill turned through the streets carefully, "We did tell you, Richie, you didn't listen! Eddie said 'don't do that, it will dry your mouth out' and you replied with 'how bad could it be?' and then you ate the salt and knocked all of the food onto the floor and spilled milkshakes everywhere."

"So it might have been a teensy weensy little bit my fault."

"It was your fault!" The group echoed like it was practiced.

Richie huffed in his seat while Dawn tried to clean all of the strawberry drink from his glasses. She placed them back on his face and kissed his cheek softly before facing the windshield again, attempting to close the windows even further.

"Dawn there's this cool thing about windows, it's called closing, and that happened when we first got into the car," Stan explained like she was a small child, "What are you doing?"

"They aren't closed enough. It's still freezing!"

Eddie stopped blowing on her neck immediately, giggling to himself quietly, "I think there's a small breeze, I mean I can definitely feel it."

"See Stanley? I'm not crazy," Dawn waved her arms about - you know, like a crazy person- and continued to press the button down harder than ever.

"You're going to break the button."

"I'm going to break your face if you don't shut up Stan."

"I'm just saying. It's gonna happen!"

Dawn ignored him, instead choosing to pull her thick coat tighter around her body and curl up into a ball, bringing her knees to her chest.

"We're here" Bill called out, turning off the ignition and unlocking the doors.

"Remind me again why we need to lock the doors every time we drive?"

"Because if I'm driving there's no one to stop Richie from dangling Eddie's fanny pack out the window and we all know that Eddie will jump out at any given time to save his medical supplies."

"Right."

Dawn stepped out of the car, immediately running towards Richie's front door to try and hide from the winter weather.

"She really hates the cold, huh?" Mike asked, laughing at the dramatic enactment.

"Moreso than the heat, and she absolutely despises summer."

The young girl went straight for Richie's room as soon as he unlocked the door and piled several thick blankets over her head. She yawned and walked back out to the living room, collapsing on the lounge and eating small pieces of popcorn one of the boys had whipped up quickly.

"And now it is time for sleep."

"Dee it's 3 pm."

"I said sleep!" Dawn snapped, turning her head to the side to reach maximum comfortability.

"You are an absolute madman," Ben laughed at the girl, flopping down onto the ground after turning on the tv and putting a movie on.

"You heard the woman, sleep!"

And just like that, they all ended up tangled together on the floor, some napping and some watching the movie and throwing popcorn into Eddie's mouth while he snored - mainly Richie and Stan. All one big, happy family, without a care in the world.

.....

this chapter is really short but we hit 1k reads!! I am so excited and beyond grateful for all of you <3