crack house

CRACKHEAD HOUSES AND MAYHEM

july 1989

"Go?" Ben questioned the crazed boy, "Go where?"

"Neibolt," Bill faced the entire group, adamant on finding the clown, "that's where g-g-g-g-Georgie is."

Dawn sighed, staying by Richie's side as she rubbed her arm, trying to rid the goosebumps.

"After that?" Stan thought his long time friend was insane, trying to get himself killed.

"Yeah, it's summer. We should be outside," stated Richie, not looking at the boy standing in front of them.

"If you say it's summer one more f-f-fucking time..." He trailed off, grabbing his bike and wheeling it to the road.

"Bill, wait!" Beverly called, her voice hoarse from screaming.

He ignored the redhead, peddling out of their sights. She raced to her bike before Dawn could pull her back.

"We have to go after him, he'll get himself killed!"

Dawn simply nodded, shrugging her friend's arm off her shoulder and following Beverley. They chased after the stuttering boy, finding themselves at the house on Neibolt, Bill walking up the path.

Beverly called out, gaining his attention, "Bill you can't go in there, this is crazy!"

"Look, you don't have to come in with me. But what happens when another Georgie goes missing? Or another Betty? Or another Ed Corcoran? Or one of us? Are you just gonna pretend it isn't happening like everyone else in this town? Because I can't," Bill breathed heavily, "I go home, and all I see is that Georgie isn't there. His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals, but he isn't. So me walking into this house is easier than walking into my own."

He stormed onto the porch.

"Wow."

"What?"

"He didn't stutter once," Richie pointed out.

He headed after Bill, going to walk up the stairs when Stan interrupted, "Wait! Um, shouldn't we have some people keep watch? You know, just in case something bad happens?"

Bill let his grasp on the doorknob loosen, turning to face the losers, "Who wants to stay out here?"

Five of the seven friends raised their hands, looking at Dawn and Beverly like they were the crazy ones.

"Fuck."

.....

The wooden door creaked open, letting natural light into what looked like a forest. All the walls and furniture were covered in green moss and vines.

Bill, Richie, and Eddie stepped inside lightly, glancing around at the overgrown house.

"I hope they'll be alright," Dawn expressed to Beverly, turning away from the door to sit on the porch.

Beverly chucked, "More like you hope Richie is alright, though if he gets hurt you can kiss it better," She kissed the air.