friday - may first

calum --

i nod, feeling tears sting my eyes. my heart is beating faster than it ever has, even with all the excitement of last month. i've never been more happy in my life.

"oh my god," michael breathes ,"you- you said yes!"

--

"guys," michael says, and all i can watch are those lips, and the nervous tension in the air dissipates around me with every glance at his inviting eyes and uncontrollable grin.

they're all here, all my friends and my family. it's not even a huge announcement, and trust me, this party has nothing to do with it. it's just one of our annual family "bring your friends, calum" parties.

"we're officially dating now!"

i don't hear the clapping, but i feel the warm embraces of the people i love, the happiness replacing fears. it's wonderful, but then i see him.

clifford isn't sitting, but he's standing just near the group hug that is slowly pulling apart. he looks almost unhappy, but maybe it's the break-up with khloe resurfacing after our announcement.

someone's hand on my shoulder distracts me from the sunken looking michael, and i turn to see my best friend, luke.

"congratulations," he signs, beaming at me. "you deserve it."

i give him a hug, and this time it's only love and friendship i feel, not awkward unspoken apologies and averted eyes.

allison congratulates me, too, as if this is an engagement instead of a boyfriend... becoming? i don't know.

my mom and my new boyfriend are stuck on me like glue, with my mother trailing behind the couple with their arms looped and their mouths barely detaching for air.

"it's so stuffy in here," michael says to me, tugging on his shirt collar. i shrug, pulling the sleeves of my baby-blue sweater down over my hands. it's not so much sweater-paws than it is me holding the ends of the sleeves, but it's still cute.

i look around for my notebook, but my parents have cleaned everything up so its probably in my room. they're so used to my whiteboard, which is still on the floor, but i kicked it under the couch. i can't touch it.

on the topic of michael clifford, he comes towards us with a half-hearted smile and dull eyes. he looks awful, but he's still so beautiful.

"hey," he greets, and the boy on my arm winces at his voice. "congrats, mate, i'm glad you're happy." normally i encourage slow speaking, but michael is talking so slow i'm almost urging him to say the next word. he's so exhausted it's pitiful.

and then comes the weakest hug i've ever experienced, and that's coming from a kid who's been to the doctor's office way too many times. but even with the lack of squeezing, and lack of contact, his touch sends shivers up and down me spine. i kiss my boyfriend almost as soon as michael walks away, feeling needy for someone else's' touch to make me squirm.

"someone's thirsty," he says, smirking at me. i gasp and hit him with my faux-sweater paw, giving him a disapproving look. "you wanna go outside?"

i shrug again, following michael outside. the sky is more navy than it is black, but stars litter the empty spaces, and the full moon shimmers against the puddles left in my backyard from the rain. it's cold out, and michael takes his cardigan off to wrap it around me.

the little bitch knows i can't protest, so i push him on the bench swing and sit on his lap, wrapping the maroon-colored sweater around his shoulders.

"you're adorable," he huffs, pulling me into his chest. i look up at him, admiring his flawless features. his blue eyes are almost grey in the moonlight, his black hair only visible by the wisps the fall onto his forehead. "and that sweater is so cute on you, cupcake, i love it."

then his lips pull into a smirk, and he tugs on my belt loop. "it'd look better on my floor, but..." instead of punching him, this time, i force my mouth against his, taking him by surprise. my hands find their way up to his soft hair, pulling the strands in a way that brings him closer to me.

"goddammit, calum," his lips are barely visible in my position but i already know the procedure. it takes nothing to give this guy a hard-on.

i get up from his lap take my time walking into the house, knowing he's impatient behind me.

i tell my mom we're going to michael's place, and she doesn't question it. then we're in the car, and on our way to his apartment.