Chapter 24 - Kings Row

Comenzar desde el principio

Lena and Angela started talking with each other, whilst me and Genji started as well.

"So Genji, how're you doing today?"

"I am doing just fine, thank you (y/n). And you?"

"I'm doing great. Thanks for asking."

Me and Genji then started talking to each other about random stuff, be it Genji's playboy past, our girls, or just random anythings. We talked for quite some time before Angela had to go and Genji decided to go with.

"Ok then. See ya round, Genji."

"See you soon too, (y/n)." As he said that, he ran off and joined back up with Angela.

"Right then luv." Lena said as she blinked over next to me. "What're we gonna do today."

"I don't know, what could we do today."

"Well, we could waste it watching TV again, or we could do something different like go out somewhere since the demon threat doesn't exist."

I thought about going out. We'd finished the demonic invasions so there shouldn't be many demons left, and those that were left would either flee back to hell or be taken out with ease.

"Sure let's go out." I said. "Where to though?"

"I know where to go. Kings Row!"

I didn't know where that was, but with my portal in my base, it didn't matter, I could go anywhere on earth in an instant.

"How's that place doing after the invasion?" I asked.

"Oh, it's doing fine, I mean, they still got attacked and, they killed my ex Emily, but, other than that, it's fine." She started tearing up slightly.

"Hey Lena don't cry. C'mon, let's go to Kings Row." I pulled on her arm, more than helping her stand up. We walked back to our room and got ready to head out.

"Should I take my suit or weapons?" I asked Lena.

"Nah, we'll be fine. I've seen what those hands o' yours can do, we'll be fine luv."

"K then. I'm ready to go, how bout you?" I asked. I had installed Vega into my detachable visor, which I was now wearing like a pair of glasses.

"Yup, I'm ready."

"Then let's head out."

As I said that, Vega opened a portal into my fortress and we walked through. Lena looked around the place, admiring it intently.

"Wow, this place is so cool. I didn't really get to see it last time I came here."

"Yeah. It's like an old Argenta battleship type thing, I don't really know." I typed away the location 'Kings Row' into the portal load up section thing. A part in eastern Britain lit up which made me know that it was actually Kings Row.

"Come on then Lena." I said whilst signalling her to come to me. She blinked across the room and to my side.

"Well what're you waiting for?" She says as she shoves me through the portal and into kings Row.

I landed on my feet in what looked like a suburban estate. I saw a crowd of people all gathering around a building.
"What's going on there?" I asked Lena while pointing to the crowd of people

"An Omnic civil rights leader, Mondatta is giving a speech now. That's why I wanted to come here." As she said that, she started walking backwards towards the crowd, still talking to me.

"This is where I grew up." Lena said. "I went to school down there, I lived like a mile past that, first worked in a pub just around the corner." She started firing loads of facts at me.