[9]

~✰ ✰ ✰~

~✰ ✰ ✰~

"Alright, we are at a church and we have the healer and you are like over the top." Abby tells Brady. "It's like hallelujah, you are gonna walk again. Ahh and screaming yes?" She asked looking around at all of us. "That's what it's all about. Lemme hear your faith."

"Faith!" We all shouted pulling our arms down like a Choo-choo train.

"There ya go" Abby smiled. I was assigned to play a person was mute. In my opinion I had the hardest role to act seeing as I couldn't actually speak during the dance. Shelby was assigned to be Savannah's assistant which I thought was pretty cool. Her and Hannah had the same role somewhat.

"What what is that. What are you doing?" Abby asked mimicking the dance move GiaNina and Sarah were doing. "Just because your blind doesn't mean you have to be angry and flex foot all the time." The two exchanged a glance before Abby left to work with Pressley. I did 5 pirouettes while grabbing my throat and spinning to the ground. Brady spun around me before grabbing my waist spinning me around. His hands gently gripped my wrists before pulling my hands away from my throat.

"Brady, Berkleigh, good." Abby nodded rolling passed. Brady and I looked at each other, smiling widely. That was my first complement ever from Abby.

We all ran the dance from the top.

"Woah!" Abby spoke up. "That was really funny." She laughed. Brady had failed to catch savannah and she had fallen to the ground, Brady diving to catch her. "It was like she was doing one of those trust exercises and she fell and he wasn't there." She laughed louder. I stood watching Brady and savannah awkwardly.

✰ ✰ ✰

I sat in the dancers den as Brady and Pressley did their duet.

"Why the glum look?" Sarah asked sitting down next to me.

"No reason." I mumbled, opening some snaps.

"You're lying." She stated. I sighed. Sarah was not going to give up. I put down my phone and looked at her.

"Okay fine, it's Brady and Pressley." Sarah nodded telling me to go on. "I know Pressley doesn't like Brady but I can't help but feel jealous, ya know."

"Yeah I get ya." I smiled at her.

Brady and Pressley came into the den.

"Abby's done." Brady said breathlessly. Already? Practice had only started 2 hours ago. Pressley nodded. We all nodded leaving with our mothers.

✰ ✰ ✰

Yet again Brady and Pressley were working on their duet. I was getting annoyed quite frankly. It was all about Pressley and Brady. The rest of us were in the other studio practicing what little of the group dance we had choreographed. All of us were exhausted. I sighed placing my hands on my knees. My face was beat red. Last night I had barley gotten any sleep. All I could think about was Brady and Presley's duet. They had been acting a lot closer recently and it was making me feel sad. Pressley was one of the people I was closest with on the team and it felt like I was losing both of them to eachother. I like Brady or I at least I think I do. I wasn't sure on my feelings anymore but the more and more time those two spent together the more my feelings became apparent.

Brady and Pressley laughed as they came into the room, telling Hannah and Lilly Abby wanted them in the studio. So of course Shelby and I got the short straw again. Brady glanced at me before turning away and taking a double take. He's slowly walked over to me.

"What's wrong?" He asked genuinely. I sighed leaning back against the wall.

"I'm just frustrated." I admitted. "Shelby and I always get the short end of the stick, all the time. I just wish I was more like you or savannah." Brady frowned at my truth.

"I do think you are like me and Savannah. You're amazing."  I sighed at his statement.

"No I'm not, I'm the worst dancer here and everyone knows it." I small tear ran down my cheek. I loved the team and I loved dance but being here really messed with my confidence as a dancer. Brady wrapped his arm around me and I leaned into his touch, staying like that until Lilly and Hannah came back into the room.

"Shelby, Berkleigh, Abby's waiting for you in studio A." Hannah called walking over to Sarah and Savannah.

"Good luck." Lilly whispered when I walked past her. I gulped. Lilly and Hannah were only in the studio for an hour.

"Ladies, today is all the time you have to learn your duet. It's a contemporary piece called "water" and it's quite simple." Abby explained to us. Gianna started telling us what to do while Abby watched and gave corrections. I felt my heart rate increase with the pressure of the moves. Abby had claimed they were simple but I had seen Pressley and Brady's duet and compared to ours it was simple. I groaned as I fell to the floor, my foot slipping on a move. Shelby extended her arm to help me up. I took it gratefully.

"Berkleigh!" Abby's voice shrilled. I froze, slowly turning to look at my instructor. "It is a simple move, do it right."

"Yes Miss Abby." I told her, this time not falling. I smiled feeling better.

The two of us continued to do our duet, getting far into the dance.

"No no, I don't like that move there." Abby told Gianna. "Berkleigh can't do it right." I frowned, I was slowly making my way up and I feared I was now on the bottom again. Gia nodded changing the moves to something more simpler, slowly lowering my self confidence more.

✰ ✰ ✰

I sighed deeply when practice was over. Abby had drilled Shelby and I over and over. I was exhausted. I walked into the den, taking a long sip of water.

"That was exhausting." I groaned sitting down next to Brady.

"It looked good though." Brady commented. I smiled a little.

"Thanks! Abby had to simplify it though." I said sadly.

"Hey don't worry about it,
Just preform the best and maybe you'll win." Brady winked. I playfully hit him, small smile painted on my face.

"Yeah okay."