(ch1.) Leave it be

Gianna's pov:
I'm walking to school with my friend Maya, just talking about baseball.
I see Benny and the boys out the corner of my eye and get a little sad, and Maya notices.
"Hey, you know you did nothing wrong!"
"Yea well Benny kicked me off the team and told them to bully me cause I missed the most important game?"
"Why?"
"That was the day my sister died in the car wreck, but he said he didn't wanna hear it"
you look down and Maya wraps her arm around your shoulder. "Cmon let's shake it off."
you smile and go to your locker, luckily Maya is two away and has every class but last period with you.
Your other friend London has all the same classes as you.

Your in first period and your sitting between Maya and London.
you guys are talking about your favorite sports.
Yours is baseball, Maya is gymnastics, and London is basketball.

Then you hear someone behind you say "girl can't play baseball" so you, Maya and London turn around.
It was none other than Ham, Bertram and Benny sitting their.
you gave him a disgusted look and turned around.
"geez she turned her back on us again" Bertram said.
Benny and ham laughed.
London got pretty mad. "How about you sand lickers shut up! She had a reason she couldn't be there and you couldn't respect her in the slightest. All you guys want to do is win and Karan bit you asses cause you always loose now"
and she turned around. the boys went quite.
Maya giggled.
*******
It was lunch and you were sitting with London, Maya and a few other girls.

Squirts came waking by with milk and 'accidentally' spilt it. he tried to spill it on you but it went on Maya.
Maya stood up. "UGH!!! Get lost sand licker"
With that he ran to Benny's table. A smirk on all their faces.
you shot them a dirty look and help Maya clean it off.
"I'm saying something to Benny after school" you say
"I'll come with" Maya said
"Me too" London added
****
it's after school and you see Benny and the boys.
You smirk and walk over with Maya and London right behind you.
"Hey Benny, maybe keep your little pets on a leash, they seem to be a little you know out of control."
Benny looked up "They ain't bothering you"
"Oh really, nice joke Benjamin. Last week I walked in to my locker door ripped off, got tripped my Ham, Kenny 'accidentally' spilt grape soda on my white shirt, Timmy toilet papered my house, and Bertram ripped the covers off my book. And let's look at this week. Squirts attempted to spill milk on me but it landed on Maya, Allan pushed me in the fountain, and Ham gave me a slight concussion for 'accidentally' hitting me in the head with a baseball, and you. don't get me started on you. you ruined my relationship with Lucas, threw rocks at my window, cut my dogs hair, and spray painted my dads car."

there was silence.
"So tell me Rodriguez, how's that nothing"
"Yeah yeah whatever you ruined our reputation by not showing to the game."
"Oh please if you knew what happened and why I wasn't there you'd understand"

you begin to walk away and London follows, Not Maya she says something that makes them all go pale.
****
You throwing the ball in the air and catching it in your mitt while laying on your front lawn.
"Wanna play some ball" Benny asks looking at the ground.
"Get the fuck away from me"
"Maya told us."
"Yea well remember your words Benjamin"
"N-no"
"You don't deserve to play baseball if your stupid boyfriend is all you care about, your off the team and don't talk to anyone of us you traitor"
"Fine be like that" he said walking away
you stand up and yell "you don't apologize by asking to play ball."
******** time skip*******
It's was July 4th and everyone was outside. Maya and London came over.
"Hey guys, the boys aren't at the lot since it's ten at night Wanna go?"
"Yea" they both said.

you get there and hit the ball and it lands at the boys' feet.
"Get out of our lot" ham yells
"it ain't no ones lot" Maya yells to him.
you throw the ball up and whack it.
it was a homer and the leather came off it!
"G THE SKIN CAME OFF THE BALL"
"G COME LOOK"
you run over to Maya and London, looking at it.
"Well let's go, don't wanna miss the Spice Girls special" you say running past the boys brushing against Benny's shoulder.
Maya grabbed your bat and followed you along with London.
*******
Benny's Pov:
They ran off the field and we all walked over to what was left of the ball.
"Man, she got better"
"But sh-she would never come back"
"Yea she's smash our heads in."
we stared at the ball for another minute then played.

Hams Pov:
I was happy to see her, but remembered that Benny said she hates us. When they left we ran over to the busted ball in shock.
Not even Benny did that before.
We shortly played a quick game
*****
Gianna's Pov:
I sat on the steps watching Maya and London leaving. When they left I just looked at the sky and remembered when me and the boys were so close, we sat in the Timmons tree house and watched the fireworks.

I watched for five minutes and see Tommy a few feet from me. I also remembered how me and him rode our bikes on this night.
"Tommy!!" I yelled as he looked up.
"Grab your bike" he smiled and ran to his bike.

we rode around near the sandlot, and just out luck we ran into the boys.
I heard tommy say something under his breathe "oh boy am I dead"

he tried not to laugh but they all looked at me.
"Yeah yeah, what are you doin with tommy."
tommy spoke up "riding our bikes like we do every year on this night"
there was silence.
then tommy started sobbing "I miss when we were all friends, and we sat in our tree house watching fire works trading cards, and then sleeping over."
you look at him, you wanted to hug him so bad. but Timmy already did.

"See you around Tommy" you said riding to you house.
******
you laid in bed that night, thinking
just leave it be