She was certain there was another invitation watching in her messages. He'd arrived from San Francisco only days ago after spending time with Andy's family on holiday.

"Fuck it..."
Reaching into her pants pocket, she removed the little device. She went right to her messages seeing his name as the fourth thread.

Got back on the 2nd.
Have somethin eye want u 2 hear.

Send it to me?

Eye'd rather not.
Come by?

Reading over the response, she couldn't help herself.

We have Devin today.
And he's glued to our Playstation right now.

So??
He can come 2.

Jamie read over his last message, mentally kicking herself for replying in the first place.

Ok. Give us an hour, yeah?

Yeah..
C U soon.

Putting her phone to sleep, Jamie put out the joint. "Fuck," she uttered into the cold air. She willed herself from the chair, heading inside. "Aye babe, how about a trip to Paisley?"

💜💜💜

Around 3 pm, they were pulling into compound with Curious George peering out the window in confusion. "Where are we?"

"This is a friend's house," Nova answered.

"Someone lives here? This is a weird place to live. Maybe you can work here, but not live!"

Jamie laughed at her cousin's remarks. He had a point, it looked like an office building from the outside. "Wait til you see the inside, Dev. I think you may like it."

Putting the car in park, Jamie advised Devin to gather his things. "It's too heavy, JJ."

"Too heavy," Jamie playfully exclaimed. "I thought you were strong," she teased.

Nova rounded the car, elbowing Jamie. "Stop it."

"I'm kidding," she laughed. Jamie took the heavy bag pack from the adolescent's grasp. "I got it little, dude." Jamie tossed the bag over her shoulder and led the way. As she reached for the door snow came crashing into the glass door and another hitting the back of her head.

Jamie slowly turned around with eyes wide to find Devin deviously grinning.
"I don't play fair either."

As Jamie lowered the backpack Devin's smirk instantly fell and he was gone with the wind. Jamie wasn't too far behind him. "You're in for it!"

"What's going on out here?"

Nova turned to the homeowner dressed in winter clothes. "Oh, hey Prince," Nova greeted him with a hug. "They're kind of in the middle of a snow ball fight right now."

"Really," Prince beamed, "Slipping on his leather gloves. Who's winning?"

"By the sound of it...." Nova paused, hearing Devin yell about surrendering. "Jamie just won."

"Noooovaaaa!" Devin came bolting around the corner, his hat long gone and hair covered in snow.

"He's gotten so big," Prince mumbled.

Nova glanced at him briefly as Devin hid behind her, completely ignoring the gentlemen beside her. "I told her I surrender. JJ, I said I give up!"

P.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara