Books

Is it better to speak or to die?

I sat in my chair reading Call me by your name smiling when Eliot one of the characters plays the piano for Oliver teasing and taunting him for playing the 'Bach' version

The knock came quietly first and then there was silence. Someone was huddled at the wall furthest from the door, constantly shifting tapping the shoes against the marble floor.

The noises engulfed me, completely capturing my brain, rendering any logical thought or conclusion impossible.

I swiftly opened the door to a smirking, all in black Cam. He wore a black tighted fitted shirt, his iconic black leather jacket and a pair of sunglasses? Inside? It was winter!

"Hey new girl" Cam says walking straight inside my eyes widening at his sudden authority fo walk straight in with out permission.

"What do you want Briel?" I screech exasperated slamming the door.

The left side of his faint red lip tugged upwards creating a sinister smirk on his god like face; casting a spell of lust to eyes that dare look his way.

Cam glances around the room his eyes locked onto the book. He holds it up before shutting it closed. There at the corner of his would-be sombre lips was a crease of amusement.

"The ending is tragic. Oliver gets married and has children. Bye bye Elio" cam says with his eyes locked on to mine.

My. eyes and mouth were frozen wide open in an expression of stunned surprise.

Cam registers my shocked expression before walking straight towards me.

"What" he says furrowing his brow handsomely.

"Okay smartass. I didn't think you read. You never come to class. You always say 'I've heard it all before. " I say reiterating his words creating fake speech marks in the air with my hands.

Cam laughs his laughter was so free and pure, so childish despite his adult years. It came to my ears as a tickle and bounce.

"Just because I don't come to class doesn't mean I'm an idiot. I'm sarcastic and have a smart ass attitude. It's a natural defense against drama, stupidity and bullshit!" Cam says glancing into my eyes fixed in place.

"I didn't mean it like that" I say caressing my hands against his cheek.

"I know im sorry I didn't mean to snap at you" cam says pulling me closer his eyes glaring into my soul.

His eyes rest, not unblinking but slowed; yet the effect is soft and inviting instead of harsh. Perhaps it is his lips that give away his intention, not quite smiling but tilting as if they mean to.

"It's okay" I say quietly.

"Did you want something" I ask my voice higher.

"Yes" cam says his face moved a little too slowly, as he were taking in the surroundings more than anyone else. Then he grinned. As he did so the temperature of the room fell a little.

"I wanted to do something" cam says hesitant.

"What" I say my eyebrows furrowing.

"Close your eyes" cam says softly his voice like a lullaby.

"Umm Cam you're in my room and you're asking me close my eyes. No way mister" i say pulling away his sunglasses.

"Why do you make everything so complicated" cam says letting out a huge sigh his breath hitched.

"Sorry I don't trust you. You have a reputation" I say walking away.

"And who said that" Cam asks walking closer to me edging me into the wall.

I gulp as both his arms pin on either side of me unable to move or sneak under. He totally trapped me.

"Arianne" I say pressing my hand against his chest firmly.

A grin spread over Cams face, wide and open, showing his over-whitened teeth.

"Did Arianne also tell you I'm a youth police cadet." Cam says proudly.

"I'm not into playing around anymore. I want something real" Cam says locking into my eyes his green orbs glistening hope, excitement and candour.

"What's real" I say attempting to get out of Cams entrapment of me but failed miserably.

"You" cam says his lips flickering from my eyes then my lips.

"Cam you don't know me" I say quickly.

"I know you to know what we have is real." Cam says never looking away.

"And right now we both know we want this" Cam says smirking.

Cam moves his head closer to Me. He sits frozen, from both fear and excitement. I leans in, so my forehead rests against his. We close our eyes. Both their breaths are shaking.

His lips brush mine. Not innocently, like a tease but hot, fiery, passionate and demanding. I want to pull away before I lose myself but I can't seem to...In this minty moment, my senses have been seduced and I can no longer think straight. "Lucinda" he whispers slowly, prolonging each letter as if to savor them. I smile, my heart fluttering at his voice as I clasp my hands on either side of his face. Never before has my name ever felt so wonderful a one, I think, as I lean in for another...