"I'm sorry, my boy," he had replied with tears in his eyes. "I never meant to hurt you."

After that meeting, they had met up two more times to catch up on lost time. Timmy never admitted it - he would always shrug his shoulders in dismissal whenever I asked him how their meetings had been, saying that 'nothing changes the fact that he never tried to get in touch earlier' - but I knew how much he loved spending time with Marc again. He couldn't hide the beaming face he always had whenever he came home after their meetings, and I loved to see him being so happy. It made me happy.

Timmy and I now lived in the apartment he had been in the process of buying when I met him after all those months we were apart. He moved into it before I did. Even if I was one hundred percent sure about him, I didn't want things to go too fast, so I stayed at mom and dad's place a few months until I moved in with him, which was now a month ago.

I loved it. It reminded me of Nicole's house but in a smaller version. The apartment had the same beige walls, grey details, and almost the same white couch in the living room. It was perfect, and it was cozy as well. I could tell why Timmy had wanted to buy it. It made us both feel at home, and it reminded us of how we had first met each other.

On another note, Timmy had practically begged on his knees for me to let him read my finished story, and after many ifs and buts, I had finally given in. I just couldn't resist him, even if it was rather embarrassing since it consisted of many scenarios that had happened between us.

But he loved it. He told me I should apply for a writing program at a University. I was hesitant because I wasn't sure I would get in. I mean, my writing couldn't possibly be that good. I had only written one story so far. However, Timmy insisted I should try anyway. "We'll see," I had told him eventually.

It was now the day of the premier of the movie Timmy had been working on ever since we met each other over a year ago. The Bob Dylan movie. He was super excited for it, and so was I. He told me he wanted me to be his plus one because apparently, there was no way I was missing out on this.

I didn't decline. I mean, it was an honor to go with him, and the cameras didn't even make me think otherwise. This was for Timmy, and I would do anything for him, especially be by his side and support him when he wanted me to.

Two stylists had been with us the entire day to do our make-up and hair. It felt surreal that this was happening to me. I mean, I was just a girl who barely had enough money to live at my parents' house. I could have never dreamed of something like this happening to me, and it was all thanks to Timmy.

It took two hours for the stylists to get us ready. When they left, we only had to change into the clothes we had been planning to wear. I had chosen a long, black dress with glittery details that reached my feet. It had no arms, which was probably going to make me cold, but it was so beautiful. I absolutely loved it.

The stylist had curled my hair and applied a perfect amount of make-up to make me look better than I ever had. I had never felt more beautiful in my life.

Timmy had been in another room the entire time, so I had yet to see him.

"Jules, we're leaving in two minutes!" Timmy called from the hall. "And you can't be late this time!"

I rolled my eyes at his comment. Even after a year, he still teased me for being late all the time, which wasn't even true. He was usually late more often than I was, which was probably the main reason why he liked to tease me about it. That son of a bitch.

In order not to have him call for me another time, I exited the room and walked to the hall where he was standing, his back facing me. He turned around at the sound of my heels clicking against the floor, and his eyes widened at the sight. So did mine.