Ch13: Clear Skies After the Rain

Hina sat on her room's carpeted floor and dried her wet hair with a towel. She glanced at six concert tickets laid on the coffee table before her. The girl originally planned to give the tickets for her parents, Sayo, and a couple of friends. But she forgot that her parents had booked a holiday ticket on the day of the show way before this.

So that left Sayo for tonight....

Hina rubbed her wet hair as she pondered. They never speak to each other since the fight where Sayo found out about Pastel✽Palettes' fraud performance. She wondered how Sayo would react to her invitation. The girl shook her head. No use playing guessing games now. She should charge head-on.

"Onee-chan, I want to give—"

Hina received a sharp glare from Sayo as soon as she entered the neighboring room. Her older twin was practicing guitar as always.

Sayo averted her eyes from Hina and focused on her navy blue guitar again. "Don't you understand the word 'knock'?"

"Sorry..." said Hina weakly.

"What do you want?"

"I..." Hina hesitated for a moment before she walked to Sayo and handed the ticket. "PasuPare's going to have another gig... It won't be the same as before! We're going to sing and play our instruments for real!"

Sayo glanced at the ticket, which was still on Hina's hand.

"Can you come, Onee-chan?"

Sayo didn't say a word.

Hina fidgeted. This situation was so dang awkward.

Sayo eventually took the ticket, yet after she read the details written on the paper she handed it back. "My band is scheduled to perform on the same day."

Hina's shoulders declined. It turned out none of her family members was able to see the gig. But... Was it?

"Um... What time is your gig?" Hina asked. "Mine's starts rather late in the afternoon, you know~"

"That's none of your business." Sayo strummed her guitar. "I want to practice. Just get out already."

Hina sighed. Knowing fully well that Sayo couldn't come, she still put the ticket on her sister's study desk anyway. The younger Hikawa left the room afterward. As Hina closed the door, she hoped there would be a miracle, somehow.

»↠ ≈☆≈ ↞«

"Lisa-chi, Kaoru-kun, come see our gig!"

Hina encountered her two classmates in the courtyard of Haneoka Girls' High School. A number of students from various grades were also there; either approaching the school building or just chilling around. The latter group immediately gossiped about Hina's said gig, talking about whether it would be another fraud.

"Wow, that's great, Hina!" said Lisa as she took the ticket.

Kaoru did the same but returned the ticket almost immediately. "Don't you worry kitten." She winked. "I shall come without fail."

Hina was dumbfounded at Kaoru's contradicting statement and action. "But, the ticket..." she said. "You can't enter the venue without it."

"Oh, please accept my sincerest apologies for bewildering you!" Kaoru gasped. She took out an identical ticket from her wallet and said, "I already own the ticket. That's the reason I return it to you."

"Whoa, I never knew you like idols!" exclaimed Hina.

Although it was surprising, Hina could immediately picture Kaoru waving lightsticks in the crowd of idol otaku. Maybe she would wear a certain idol group's happi coat along with a headband with her best girl's name written on it.