Special Agent - Part 6

Start from the beginning

"I know, but she's a Special Agent, she's trained to deal with things like that; I'm sure she'll be fine. Plus, she already put the fear of god in Jackson, I don't think he'd dare do anything more to the young lady." Jack said, looking up at Joker who was now standing over him.

Although Jack had known him for years, the difference between Arthur and Joker was considerable, and even though the pair got on well, Jack was beginning to feel that he was going to have little choice other than to do what the infamous inmate was asking him to do.

"Trained? Trained? I don't care how much training someone gets, no one is ever prepared to get attacked like that, and god only knows what could have happened if you hadn't been hanging around outside. Do you want to know why our little Special Agent has PTSD?" Joker asked, sitting back down next to Jack, as he pulled out two cigarettes from his packet and handed Jack one.

"Special Agent (Y/n) was nearly murdered by a serial killer, he slit her throat just before she blew the motherfuckers head off, kids lucky to be alive." Joker told Jack as he watched the older man's face drop.

"And she still does this?" Jack asked, taking a deep draw on his cigarette, looking at Joker in disbelief.

Joker shrugged. "Got to give her, her due, she's a fighter. Now, are you going to help or not?" Joker asked, holding out a piece of paper towards the guard.

"All you have to do is deliver this piece of paper to the address on the top when you finish here, my people will take care of the rest." Joker told Jack, holding out the piece of paper for him to take.

Jack looked at the piece of paper in Arthur's hand, tentatively taking it and putting it into his pocket; he knew that whatever was contained within the note was going to result in something bad happening, and obviously something bad happening to Doctor Jackson. Deep down he knew that if something did happen, he may be implicated in the crime, but as he remembered what he had seen and heard in that office not long before, he couldn't help but think that the agent was about the same age as his own daughter, and as a father he would want someone to help his child if she had found herself in the same situation.

"Ok Arthur, but this time, you owe me."

                                                           >>--------------------------------------<<

(Y/n) sat in her hotel room finishing off the bottle of wine that she had managed to pick up on her way back from Arkham; she didn't normally drink but after what she had been through, alcohol seemed like the best way to try and drown out the thoughts and feelings that continued to bombard her.

She looked out of the window at the lights of the city, the rain trickling in rivers down the glass making the world outside blurry, strangely rendering the dark city dreamily beautiful; a small smile came to her face as she wondered what the night had been like when Joker stood on the roof of the car surrounded by his followers. There was part of her that would have liked to have been in that crowd, to see Joker in all his glory, to feel the emotions that the throng must have felt, to experience first hand what Joker was like in real life, and not the caged animal that she saw.

She finished off the wine in the glass, slumping down in the chair next to her bed; even though it was late, (Y/n) was finding it impossible to sleep; she had tried everything she could to relax since she had got back from the asylum but nothing had worked. She wished she could speak to someone, tell them what she had been through, how she was feeling; but there was no one. She couldn't tell her mother, she would have a fit and demand that she came home, probably never letting her out of her sight again; she couldn't tell her boss, even though she and Steve were friends, if he found out what she had done, how she had threatened that pig of a man, she would be lucky if she didn't lose her job, and if she did managed to keep her job, he would probably never let her leave the office.