Princess of Void by JhannaHeart

Start from the beginning

Leila, the blind servant, took the princess away after hearing the last words of the King and retold the story to the princess who grew lovely and lovelier each year. Even though she may not see the princess, she knew that she is kind and loving. She knew that the eyes of the princess were not evil, only the cursed cast upon it.

*****

The princess grew happy with Leila, until the day she was taken away by the gods due to old age. The princess once again lived in despair and solidarity.

“O, thy mother and father, why did you leave me alone in this cruel world… I am a princess without her people. I am a master, without her servants.” Every night she walked barefooted to the grave of the only person who can see through her without life escaping from her—Leila. “O, Leila. Why do you have to die? I’m all alone now.”

Day by day, ever since Leila was gone, the Princess will look up to the sky and ask the Gods ‘why’. Time is running like the flowing water in the rivers that will soon gone dry, but her questions still left unanswered… until that fated night.

She was awoken from her deep slumber by the sound of thunder. “The Gods might have quarreled with each other again”, she muttered as she stood up to close the window she left open before going to sleep. She was shocked to see a man lying unconsciously at the front of the cottage’s door. She rushed to help him in and attend to his wounds. All night she dedicated in saving the stranger’s life.

The next morning, she felt someone was staring at her but she kept her eyes shut. “Are you awake?” she asked.

“Yes, why don’t you open your eyes, Milady?” the stranger said.

“I can’t. You must leave if you value your life. You must go!” She tried to remove the hands of the stranger, but his grip on her wrist was too strong. “Let me go,” she commanded.

“Open your eyes, Princess.” She was shocked, Leila used to call her princess, too.

“B-but… you’ll die,” she stuttered as she sensed authority in the stranger’s voice.

“Even if I die, I wanted your face to be the last one I would set my eyes upon.” She’s hesitant, but cannot resist having a look on the handsome stranger’s face. She had looked upon his face all night, but it’ll be different now, he has awakened. She opened her eyes; she felt everlasting peace as her eyes set upon the stranger’s smiling face.

There was an unexplainable light that separated them, “No!” the princess shouted. Her happiness fades away in a sudden. She felt excruciating pain in her chest and tears fell from her cursed pitch black eyes.

“I am a worthless, cursed Princess. All that set their eyes upon my evil eyes just see their death before me. I am not to be loved, I am not worthy of love. I am a killer. I deserve to die!” She grabbed a knife and just when she decided to slit her wrist, a hand showed up in front her as if it is asking her to take it and stand up.

The knife fell from her hands and she was astonished as she saw the stranger standing in front of her safe and sound. She almost hugged him, but she hesitated.

“My Princess, look.” He was holding a mirror in front of her.

“My eyes, they’re…”

“They’re beautiful. The curse has been lifted,” the Prince continued for her.

“But how?”

“I don’t know. Love at first sight, maybe?” the stranger said smilingly.

“First sight of true love. My father’s prayer has been answered by the Gods,” she exclaimed. They’re both happy.

He narrated to the princess the story of his journey to find her and his encounter that killed the exiled witch of the south, where he got his injuries. He also told her that he was in the Genoese great hall when she was presented to the kingdom. He was a young boy by then, and was snatched by his hand maiden to safety as everyone around started to fall dead on the ground, including his King father and Queen mother. He looked at her eyes, but he didn’t die, that moment he realized he has to save her from her cruel fate. However, as a child, no one believed him so he promised himself that he will find her when he is of age.

The prince took her hand and they set foot outside the little cottage. There was his horse, a white horse, waiting for them.

“Now, my Princess, after my long search for you, will you be my Queen?” He bended his knees and reached out for her hand and kissed the back of it.

“Yes, my Prince. I’ve waited so long for someone to come and save me from this nightmare.” The prince stood up and smiled at his princess. They’re looking at each other’s eyes and slowly the space between their bodies became smaller. He rested his forehead on hers and maintained the eye contact. He lifted her chin using the tip of his second finger. He closed his eyes as his lips touched hers, so she did. The kiss was magnificent it swallows the darkness in her for the longest time, she felt like she was reborn at that very moment.

The Prince married Princess Nataliya. And they lived happily ever after.

Jahric Lago Presents: Sweet Fantasy (Published under TBC Publications)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara